Saturday 29 October 2022

Saturday's Critters!

It is feeling like fall, again. I woke to a bit of a surprise. Running out in my jammies and housecoat, I snagged a photo to show you. This morning it is -3 C., yesterday it was -4 C. in the a.m., with a serious layer of ice. The old heater is clearly not working. Out comes my back up. Cleaning out the ice, and draining the water, I covered it up and placed the working heated bird bath on top. We are good to go for winter!



 There is much action outside.

6 turkeys from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

barred owl from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Oregano was back, just a blip on the camera!

The coyotes have suddenly been around. OF course the last one pees on camera.

coyotes from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The junco put on makeup for me!

junco from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

This one was quite the capture.

The one coyote trotted down the driveway with something in its mouth. I'd noticed some blood near the end of the driveway, it was a bit strange!

coyotes from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Thanks to Eileen for hosting Saturday's Critters

14 comments:

Tom said...

...the turkey are my favorites.

eileeninmd said...

Great collection of videos. My favorites are the turkeys and the Junco.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I don't recall quite so much coyote visiting - do you think that has increased this year? I like their easy loping gait. YAM xx

Barbara Rogers said...

OK, turkeys do walk with a majestic stride...but they sure could have done with the white feathers on their heads rather than all the wattles to get to be our national bird. Great Junco!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jenn :=) Super collection of videos. Pity the Barred Owl didn't stay longer. I wonder what the Coyote had in its mouth. It looked quite large to me! Loved the Junco caught on camera.
Have a great weekend.

RedPat said...

Juncos always seem to be enjoying themselves.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your trail cam videos. The turkeys are neat to watch and the coyotes from a distance. I saw a coyote yesterday in the wild...saw it twice. Still gives you a bit of the creeps to see one ahead of you on the trail!

Elephant's Child said...

Lots and lots of animal action. Thank you.

William Kendall said...

The turkeys walk quite gracefully.

Cloudia said...

Thank you for sharing over this with us Jenn and for all you do to help the animals

River said...

A heated bird bath! Now I've heard everything. I didn't think birds would want to bathe in your freezing weather.

Jeanie said...

Your trail camera yields such fabulous images! And yes, fallish for sure!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful post

Divers and Sundry said...

You have some great spots for the trail cams. So exciting!