Saturday 8 October 2022

Saturday's Critters

We've had a change in weather. I don't mind. My new header is from 2009 in Bala, Muskoka. 

The goldfish are happy in their indoor tank. We freeze too solid in winter to keep them outside. 

Percy, the large one (named after my ex-late-FIL's piranha), is a specialty goldfish. He feeds on the bottom. I don't think he is a koi, I thought they told me, when I bought him, he was a Shubutkin, but I believe I am wrong! He comes to the glass and wags his tail in anticipation of food. What we have to watch is that they are opportunistic feeders and will eat whatever is put in front of them. You risk overfeeding and killing them.

The gray tree frogs seem to be appearing less and less frequently. Maple, and the other one, snoozing on the railing, again.



This one gave me a bit of a surprise!

The trailcams have had some critters go by. 

doe, twin fawns from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

In the night Coyote zips along, one has to pee on the camera! It's just what they do...

 

coyotes from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The coyote checks out the smells.
 

Coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I love watching them. The coyotes usually pee here. The raccoons look for grubs and frogs.  After 37 videos of a red squirrel on the trailcam, Butch finally appeared! 


Butch from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The young buck was out behind the tree house.

buck from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

And those are my critters! If you'd like to view more wildlife, go visit Eileen's critter party #460!

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
You get the best deer videos, they are sweet critters. Love the cute frogs and the goldfish. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Always a joy... YAM xx

Barbara Rogers said...

Great critters all. Love your tank with goldfish. When I put my tropicals in a big tank, it was sometimes hard to find them, except the big angel. Many moons ago.

RedPat said...

We haven't seen as many raccoons around this year as usual.

DeniseinVA said...

Your first deer video is so peaceful, and the coyotes were fascinating. I also enjoyed seeing the fish and the frog. Percy is a great name for a fish. Wishing you a wonderful weekend Jenn and thank you for another lovely post :)

Elephant's Child said...

Your goldfish look totally settled in their winter quarters. And I love your other critters too.

Red said...

Your cameras give you a good look at what goes on at night.

William Kendall said...

Raccoons waddling about make me smile.

Andree said...

I've never understood why some species of animals eat till they die. It seems wrong, evolutionary-wise. Everyone on the game cams looks healthy and well fed. Especially the coyotes. Sigh.

Anvilcloud said...

You do have a lot of material for Saturday Critters.

Divers and Sundry said...

I continue to be impressed with your goldfish. I had friends once who had a huge indoor tank for goldfish, and that's when I first found out they would grow as long as there was room. They were fun to watch. I found out they'd eat as long as there was food when I got my first goldfish when I was a child. The fish lived, and I learned a lesson there.

Your trail cams must be fun to review all the footage from. You never know what you'll see!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The twin fawns are such a special sighting. Love your new Fall banner...gorgeous!

Kay said...

I'm loving your fall header.