Thursday 27 October 2022

Book Review: City of the Lost

City of the Lost Paperback & eBook Canada cover

I love reading. 

 Kelly Armstrong, I don't remember where or how I found the author. I love these books.

I picked up the first one, City of the Lost, and was riveted. It is an excellent mystery, set in the Yukon, Northern B.C. It is rich with forest scenes, wildlife and wilderness. It is a gripping tale and a darn good plot.

Armstrong lives in southern Ontario. 

"Don’t look for Rockton on any map of the Yukon. This tiny, off-the-grid town doesn’t exist. Neither do the people in it. They’re all on the run from their pasts, needing a place where they can disappear for a few years. Rockton is a seven-book series beginning with City of the Lost. It’s a contemporary mystery series set in a wilderness town with no fantasy elements. While Rockton wrapped up with book 7The Deepest of Secrets, the main characters continue in the spin-off, Haven’s Rock."
EXCERPT: FIRST SEVEN CHAPTERS (PDF) 

7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for the heads up. This is not an author I know.

Cloudia said...

Thank you Jenn

DeniseinVA said...

Thanks for the review Jenn, that looks like a great book!

William Kendall said...

I've not read any of her work.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love a good mystery and this sounds fun. Nice that this is part of a series, too. Thanks for this review, dear Jenn.

Patio Postcards said...

Always appreciate book referrals. I'll check at the library for this book. :)

River said...

I'll look out for these. I think I've seen a couple on BookBub, for ebooks, where I usually only choose free books, because of the exchange rate.