Friday 18 March 2022

Spring!!!

 We aren't quite ready to let go of Christmas.


Cinnamon is a happy walker!


The snow melt has been wonderful. You can see Guinevere. She was buried up to her neck!

St. Patrick's Day and the cats bought Tiberius some festive ears.

🐻SNUGGLE Bears

These were a gift from the girls a number of Valentine's Days ago!

You can see how much snow has melted under the trees. The temperature was heavenly, and the birds were changing their tunes for spring.

The melt began under the trees, but there is still a lot of snow on the middle deck. 

 I wanted to go to Narrow's Lock in the sunshine and see if there are any swans. Someone reported 7 or 8 swans on Otty Lake a week ago. I had a massage in the afternoon, which I really needed!

Instead, I sat on the deck in the sunshine and watched the birds. I spotted the first bug, as well! I think this is a song sparrow, which is an excellent sign of spring.


Just listen to them!!!

song sparrow from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...spring will soon be here.

Olga said...

The signs of spring are out there.

Karen said...

Thank you for identifying the sparrows that have been hanging about my feeders. For years I didn't see any sparrows here, not a one, this year I've now identified four different ones.
It's looking like rain today so we will lose lots more snow. As long as it doesn't FREEZE hard again....

carol l mckenna said...

Oh what a delightful post for St Paddy's Day and Spring ~ you live in a beautiful place ~ great photos and bird video ~ Xo

Wishing you lots of love and laughter in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Barbara Rogers said...

I hear many a bird chirping early in the day...and all day now. What a cheerful sound! Glad your snow is melting!

Gaelyn said...

Bring it on!

RedPat said...

I love to hear the song sparrows.

Lorrie said...

I love hearing birdsong in the spring. It makes nature come alive!

William Kendall said...

The birds know spring approaches.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Wonderful photos, I don't blame you for not wanting to let Christmas go, everything looks so colourful. The bears in their viking hats are my favourite and Cinnamon does look quite content. Happy Weekend!

-Soma

Anvilcloud said...

When you said under the tress, I was not expecting that much.

Kay said...

Oh my! They really are singing for their supper!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never had a cat that liked wet paws. You went all out for St. Patrick's Day, I think (grin). Loved seeing the song sparrow, too. I like your new blog header!

Jeanie said...

Your St. Paddy's is lovely. And you're not the only one who doesn't let go of Christmas. I keep an angel tree in my guest room all year long. Love Cinnamon! Happy Weekend!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are melting!!! :)