Wednesday 30 March 2022

Paint Party Friday

Yes, I know it is Wednesday, but Paint Party Friday [PPF - The After Party] was wound down as of last  Friday. Many artists have inspired me to sketch from that blog. I appreciate that and wanted to mark the occasion. This is my latest drawing Draft #1 I used pencil crayons, and fine coloured sharpies for the outline.


I went back at it. Realizing I'd forgotten my purple alien, I added it in. When I used to sketch while I sat with a hospice client, he'd always ask about my little alien. He was such a nice client.

Polka dots were fun for a tablecloth. For those I used my oil-based paint pens, with a thicker nib. I had in mind some sort of wood pattern, maybe using Graphic Converter, but that didn't work out. Polka dots won the day. 



We had a chilly afternoon yesterday, but Cinnamon and I went walkies. Wearing my mittens helped, but I accidentally had the 'close' mode setting on the camera. I thought it quite artsy. I turned it to 'sports' mode, as I usually do, and you can see what I was trying to photograph.


We went down to the point, along the way he did his business, as usual, and carefully covered it up. He was quite keen on watching the deer. The cats, being vulnerable forest walkers, are very aware of noises.

This morning it is -10˚ C. and Cinnamon didn't want to go out. Clever lad. Nutmeg bolted out the door. We are in for some weather this afternoon. They are warning about ice rain. I'd rather it turns to snow, as it won't last. Thursday is supposed to be 16˚ C.!



Cinnamon is sitting in the window, where he likes to watch the squirrels. They ignore the birds, now, knowing they haven't a hope in catching them. He is watching the the turkeys out front. Wild turkeys from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


15 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I'm glad you stuck with the polka dots - really like that little 'still life' with alien life playing in it! YAM xx

Tom said...

...quite a turkey trot!

Jeanie said...

I love your sketch -- it's so happy! And the polka dots are just the best on that tablecloth!

Barbara Rogers said...

Turkeys don't seem to mind the furry little rodent either. You're helping the next generation of turkeys by feeding these...mating season is coming soon!

Karen said...

The sun is shining so happily this morning. Sad to think of whats to come later. I hope it holds off until dark at least.

RedPat said...

The cats will stay in today. We have had a lot of ice pellets and are supposed to get freezing rain but there is nothing happening now. Slippery for walking.

Nancy J said...

The close-up of the one that came out of the bushes, showing the pink and almost apricot peachy colours of those feathers. very serious as they search for something.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You draw beautifully. I had no idea. You are hiding your talents, Jenn.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am very fond of Wild Turkeys. They are a success story too, having become quite common in recent years. Hooray!

Rain said...

Hi Jenn! ☺ Your sketch is lovely, the purple alien makes it even better! ☺☺

William Kendall said...

Things seemed to moderate as the day went along.

The Furry Gnome said...

That weather is coming our way too!

Anvilcloud said...

When did you change your template? First I've noticed.

Cloudia said...

Thank you for another chapter of life with Jenn

Lorrie said...

Hi Jenn, love the sketch!