Thursday 17 March 2022

Turkeys and coyote

Things are pretty quiet here. March 13th I'd put an old piece of turkey bone in front of the trailcam down in the forest. 

Coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We have seen the turkeys a lot. Just 6 hens, here and there. Front yard and back, and in the forest! They approached the area where the turkey part lay. It was a bit humorous.

turkeys from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I'm still experimenting with the newest trailcam. The early dawn was quite bluey.

 

turkeys at dawn from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The dratted red squirrel (DRS) was hanging onto my rose bush. I'm not sure the efficacy of that!

 

dratted red squirrel from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


It's interesting the way spring creeps up the continent. I read where Jan, in the UK, wrote about spring, and time to turn off central heating. Not us! NWS, in the US, shows the gradual snow cover melt. I love reading blog posts about spring and flowers, as I know our spring is on its way. Today, it's just 0 C., perhaps rising to 15 this afternoon. We shall see! 

8 comments:

Tom said...

...turkeys and coyote, the prey and the predator.

RedPat said...

The fog has lifted and the sun has come out here so we may see 15˚C this afternoon.

William Kendall said...

We've had a mild day today. My concern is too fast a melt of the snowpack.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your trail cams are unbelievable. I actually like the blue color. I was surprised how last week I was huddled in blankets when I had no heat or electricity, an was struggling to stay warm with the cats at my side. Today we set a record high for the day. I think Mother Nature is off her meds or something (grin).

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Jenn, did you see my request to allow me to add your blog to my left sidebar? That way I won't have to hunt for you and your blog every time I want to visit. I will only add it with your approval.

Jeanie said...

I saw Jan's post about the central heating and thought the same thing! (Then I thought about the people fleeing Ukraine and thought -- even a safe house with no central heating beats walking in the freezing temperatures across the country to escape.)

Anvilcloud said...

Love the warmth of yesterday (Thursday).

Kay said...

Gosh! That's a lot of squirrels. I thought for a moment that he was going to gnaw at your rose bush branches.