Thursday 10 March 2022

Thursday is here...

Where has the week gone? Another wee storm! The sun shone later, though.


I forgot to post this and tell the story. It was rather strange. Now, I like to put out the garbage as soon as I get up. This past Monday morning it was 6:30. There are reasons for this. a) I don't have to get dressed, just pull my long coat on over my housecoat and jammies (it is dark!), and b) I can then go back to the house and have my coffee and relax.

This is what I face down at the highway. I checked the mailbox for snow. 

MVI_7111.mov from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The story: I went down to bring the recycling box back. I noticed a beer can on the ground behind the bin. It wouldn't surprise me if someone was drinking and driving and just chucked it out. Sometime between 6 a.m. and noon. We get beer cans a lot. 


Two cats decided to peek into the dratted red squirrel (DRS) hole. Nada.



Monday afternoon, I went for a walk. I noticed a rodent track in the snow. 


When Jesse visited from Vancouver, he brought some art from their girls, Bryony and Cluny! I put it in on the wall! 


They have had a great winter in Vancouver. They've been doing weekly cross country ski trips. Cluny did a 5 km race on her cross country ski. She was amazing! Jesse skied along with her. She had the option to stop halfway at 2 1/2 km, but she chose to finish. 



10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We never know what schedule the collectors will follow in any given week. As long as I get it out by 9, we’re good, for no matter what route they choose, they can’t get here any earlier. Then sometimes it sits out there until late afternoon.

Barbara Rogers said...

Today is my garbage pick-up - but I have to push myself to get bundled up to take it over to the dumpster. It's not snowy, and our squirrels sometimes interrupt my walk, but they are grey here. They are becoming more rare, as are the birds. I blame it on the landscapers for having killed so much of the land critters...no bugs, no birds. The pics of the pink girls are so cute!

Tom said...

...Thursday comes around faster and faster each week.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Wow... a future winter Olympian??? YAM xx

William Kendall said...

I got out a few times this winter for cross country skiing. It's good exercise.

RedPat said...

A future champion skier?

Nancy J said...

A whole new way of life over there, all I had was basketball, tennis when I was older, had to bike on a metal road to get to the tennis courts, and on the farm with my Dad.We all did the same in our small country area, and didn't miss what we might have had.In the South Island, so many families ski from a very early age, snow and slops so handy. Lots of traffic out there on your road, take care as they whizz by!!!Thick coat and 'jamas, that would be a sight if they had to whisk you off to hospital if a car speeding by got too close!!! XX from NZ.

Lorrie said...

We put our garbage cans out this evening for tomorrow's pick up. Luckily we don't have bears or other wild critters that can get into them. Cluny is adorable!

Jeanie said...

I love the girls' art -- isn't it fun to have kid art in your home. Makes you feel all the closer!

Kay said...

The girls are adorable! I'm sure they will be excellent skiers.