Tuesday 8 March 2022

What a range of precipitation!

 May I complain about the weather? I suppose it is preferable to a rant about all the horrors in the world. That said, I cannot complain. I managed to get the garbage out at 6:30 a.m. and it was almost warmish. Almost! The rainy snow didn't start until later. For that I was grateful. 

Our deer were nowhere to be seen. They were hunkered down in the forest, I am sure. We had warnings of freezing rain, etc. It just snowed, then rained. 

I put some bird seed down on the sidewalk. Of course, You Two came along for a visit.

There was some sun. Cinnamon was babysitting the veggie seeds!


The sun did its thing. Lots of melt. It was warm for March, which was very joyful.

By the evening it was snowing on my pristine, and lovely, clean sidewalk!  

I let the cats out after dinner. Just for fresh air. Nutmeg thought she'd look for the red squirrel. DRS was in bed by this time.



Mice friends have been at the back door. Squirrels, too, but I only put the camera out at night.

mice friends from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Cinnamon was a busy boy!

Cinnamon from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...we lost our snow when it rained, and overnight we received a dusting of snow.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good to see that cat enjoying the scents of mice/squirrels. They obviously are also hungry! Take care.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the deer outside your door. I am surprised that your kitties like being outside in the cold and snow. Have a great day!

William Kendall said...

I had my first and hopefully last fall of the season. Fortunately I wasn't hurt.


It's that weird time of year when all kinds of weather happens.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Of course you may complain about the weather. It's your blog after all! YAM xx

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I just don't know Jenn -- that is a lot of winter weather you have. I can imagine it gets a bit tiresome by March even if you loved it and it was so beautiful earlier in the season. No wonder we have so many Canada license plates and Canadian flags in our Florida resort. Not all of your countrymen and women are as brave and hardy as you are!

Nancy J said...

The mouse is a hardy little fellow at -5, and still so busy. The sidewalk, guess you cannot leave it until the snow all thaws, too much to shovel away. Hope your arms and shoulders are getting good muscle tone, and not too sore after all that work.

Anvilcloud said...

I see rain and snow in the 7-day forecast and nothing too cold.

Jeanie said...

I know. As soon as I start to complain about anything, I turn on the news. Puts it in perspective! I think our snow will be gone today. For a bit. But probably back again soon.

Cloudia said...

I enjoy seeing everything about where you live. Jenn

Kay said...

Oh goodness! That is a LOT of snow and a lot of snow to shovel.