Thursday 3 March 2022

Spring is coming!

🌻We need some hope. We need some greens🌿. I've ordered some seeds, supplies, and seed trays. I don't know if it is too late. I should have planned ahead, but planning is the most difficult thing for me. I'm going to have to figure out some shelf system for the window. I still need some potting soil. It's good to have a project. I hope it isn't too much for me. I hope the cats don't take an interest. It may be a mistake, we shall see.


JB went into town and picked my seed tray order. While he was there, I decorated with some 🍀greens for March.


While he was there, he picked us up some ribbons.

Frosty has since come off the rotten stump, but I present an archival photo of him.


Isabelle and I made this wreath together. 

Things are about to change. We've a warm front coming in. It's going to be a mess! We've knee-deep snow.


Oregano was back March 1st at 1:46 a.m. oregano from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo

13 comments:

Tom said...

...perhaps, but snow came overnight.

Malindha Erba said...

Oregano is a name very funny for a cat ^^

Barbara Rogers said...

Getting ready for St. Patty's Day I see! Yikes, the melt will be coming. Don your rubber boots to tramp about! No longer snow boot weather! Oregano just likes your camera obviously!

William Kendall said...

Sunday is still a few days off, so we'll see when we get there, but in the city it is supposed to be ten that day.

RedPat said...

Most of the snow is gone here except where it had been piled up but it is really going to be a mess when the rest melts.

Karen said...

ugh, March is an ugly month. The warm days trick us and then she slams us again. Our lane is going to be a thick pile of mush by the first of the week.
I have two sets of AeroGro hydroponic systems for starting my garden plants. I got the herbs off to a good start before I transfer them into big pots. Then the darn cat discovered she loves to eat parsley. And sleep under the grow lights. Gaaaa!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Our warm front came and went on Tuesday... YAM xx

Nancy J said...

Aha, the 17th March will soon be here, our son-in-law's birthday!!! Oregano, you have a beautiful winter coat. Jenn, part of the fun of growing anything is in the arrival of seeds and seeing all those plants on the packets. Do you have to use artificial light to get them started?

Anvilcloud said...

I have said more than once recently that there is a change stirring in the air. Days are longer and the sun is stronger.

Cloudia said...

I'm sorry to hear about your family loss but I want to assure you spring is definitely on its way!

Angie said...

Jenn - love your ribbons - I assume these are meant to be the colors for Ukraine? We have gone from bitterly cold to warm temps and rain. Yuck!

Jeanie said...

It's not too late for seed trays! I will probably start mine around April 1.

Kay said...

Oh my gosh! SNOW! I totally forgot St. Patrick's Day. Thank you for the reminder. I need to go pick up some corned beef and cabbages. :-)