Sunday 27 March 2022

Air Traffic, CRA & Cinnamon walkies


I've been watching air traffic around Ukraine 😭. It is good to see the other countries flying nearby just in case. It is simply awful, and I cannot believe the madness. 

Look for the helpers. There are planes from the US, Canada, NATO (NATO11 – flying in from Turkey), and Brittain (RAF: KAYAK31), there for support. The US had a Sikorsky Blackhark helicopter in Poland, as well as a series of helicopters: DUKE 50, 51, a Cessna (DUKE73), which I noticed while President Biden was there. There was a big plane (FORTE 11) circling the Black Sea. I am learning more geography than I have learned in a long time. 

There are several planes coming in from Cyprus, where there might be ships. Vessel Finder tracks those. 

LAGR 221

KAYAK 31

NATO 11

CFC 4226

✈  ✈  ✈  ✈  ✈  ✈  ✈  ✈  ✈  ✈  ✈  ✈

Thank you, all for your positive, supportive comments.  I had a couple of anxiety attacks this week.  I've been wrestling with taxes, again. And I can't figure out how to plug in to TurboTax my change from a LIRA to a RIF. At 65 you have to switch them over. So far, the program tells me we owe $44,000+ in taxes. I signed up for the extra money for extra support (you don't pay them till you finish, though), and they were useless. The woman I spoke to sent an email with directions, but they do not work. "I'm not a tax expert," she told me. 

I think I am still missing a tax receipt. I contacted my guy, and he sent a couple I was missing. They don't have to send them until the end of March, legally. Taxes should be done by the end of April. I'm not ready to give up, but I am close. The frustration is terrible, and triggers me after I've wrestled with Canada Revenue for this past year. [💰Canada Revenue Agency😓] I took my meds, and we relaxed watching tennis and curling. I want to conquer this tax year, but the jury is out.

OK, done venting. Thanks for listening! They truly are small problems, compared to all going on in the world. I take my meds and hope for the better days to come.

Cloudia, you are right: "You and I are both very lucky people to be in beautiful restorative places and to be able to distance as we need to. " 

Karen, I loved your story about your German friend and his nature church! 

💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸 💸

Cinnamon Walkies

Look at the frogpond! It is half thawed and soon our little creatures will wake up.


There is about 20 cm of water on top of the ice. More rain yesterday, only a couple of mm. Currently it is snowing, just for fun. Another cold front, but this, too, shall pass.


Mar. 22 vs. March 25!

You can hear the crows bickering, and I kept filming because of the other birds. Then, I showed the meadow, which is full of water and snow. The hill where I stood is all lovely and leafy. Things are melting.
At the end, Cinnamon stayed down on the dock, having himself a drink of water.
 

Cinnamon walkies from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Above the pond, the crows were keeping busy: 

Above the pond from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌

We had three deer in the yard. I post the second photo, because you can see how much smaller the juvenile is. The other juvies seem larger. The deer on the left is King Henry, who shall be growing new antlers soon. They must be family. They are happy the snow is gone.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...whoever controls the skies controls the ground!

Barbara Rogers said...

Here I am just trying to keep track of countries' borders and names, and you are able to keep up with air traffic and even ships! Good for you. So glad to see all the earth showing in your pics today...the snow may be done for the spring...or maybe not? Taxes are certainly anxiety provoking! I've got several bills that I need to chase down when businesses open again on Monday...just to figure out what services are which.

William Kendall said...

Spring is coming, though it doesn't feel like it today.

Christine said...

Jenn you should consider hiring an accountant and/or a financial advisor. It may help.

Ontario Wanderer said...

I keep learning new things from you. I have the Flightradar app but did not think to look to see if it showed flights in and around Europe. What a huge amount of fuel must be burned everyday by all those planes. It is interesting to see how blank the skies are above the Ukraine compared to all around Europe.

Good luck with the taxes!

Red said...

I finally got someone to do my taxes. It's one of the best things I ever did.

Kay said...

I'm so glad that a lot of countries are coming to Ukraine's aid, but I wonder how long this war will last. It's horrible and scary to see a country invade another country. I worry what China will do next.

Ahhh... tax time is always stressful. Art organizes ours and sends it to an accountant.

Phil Slade said...

I would like to think we might have deer so close to home but I have to travel a mile or two into the sticks to see deer. And then it's not guaranteed.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty deer photos. Cinnamon is a cutie!
Take care, have a happy new week!

Jeanie said...

That's fascinating about the air traffic. Thanks for sharing that.

Hang in there with taxes. I confess, I had exactly the same anxieties about taxes when I did my own. Now I have someone (a former CPA for the city who does it as a retiree) and yes, I pay $155 and it is well worth it to save the angst.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was surprised to learn you can keep up with air control from a home computer. Now I must find how to follow this too.

Sorry to read about your taxes. I haven't started mine yet. I usually wait till the last minute to do mine. For some reason, that is a task I absolutely HATE. Good luck with yours.

Powell River Books said...

We have to do double taxes with credits given between US and Canadian payments. No way we could figure it out so we use an accountant well versed in dual country returns. - Margy