Sunday, 23 August 2026

Yard action: coyote sighting

I was sitting out back with Cinnamon, having a good read. I'd collected the trailcam footage. I love this strange way the light refracts. It looks like a UFO! 


There was some movement with the Freds. Both were at or near the shed burrow. This is unusual. They aren't good at sharing. I think Auntie Fred was in front, MiniFred whipped around into the wood shed. I think MiniFred is the dark brown behind Auntie.

Suddenly, Cinnamon alerted. He's my little guard cat!


I looked up, and there was a coyote trotting around the periphery of the back yard. It had come up the path from Barry's trailcam. (Still no sign of Barry!)  Cinnamon spotted it, as did I, trotting to the back here.  It veered left, and down in the gully.  Hmmmm.



I could hear the Robins up in the tree. They were yelling at the coyote, and following it. around the back. 

Cinnamon suddenly looked to the left. I looked, and spotted the coyote peering at us at the edge of the weeds, in back of the big pine in the spot of sunshine. It whipped around, ran back to the right, The Robins were still screeching at it and following! Coyote was too fast for photos.


The coyote followed the edge of the trees, and Cinnamon kept an eye out. 



Cinnamon followed it intently. Safely. From the deck.


This Fred didn't seem to notice. Not a good thing!


After I was sure it was gone, Cinnamon watched me as I trotted down to see if coyote was on the trailcam.
It sure was. The camera spooked it! I have proof! They really are wary of humans, and knew I was on the deck. All was good. I didn't see it again. Such beautiful creatures.

No comments: