Thursday 6 August 2020

Phoebes, hummingbirds, porcupine


I spent the better part of the afternoon reading. I'm so happy to be able to read again. I made it through 154 pages of my novel. That said, I did take time to watch the birds. First, there was another phoebe family, and they seem to be doing well. 

 

 Then, there are the hummingbirds. There seem to be 2 females, and despite there being 4 feeding spots, they cannot share. I've a feeder in the back and one in the front. I love watching them buzz and chase each other. They are too fast for a video of that. I'm sure you understand!

 

Finally, on the trailcam, our precious little porcupine just waddling along. I've never seen it anywhere near the yard. Such a cutie.

 

6 comments:

Tom said...

...I saw my first hummingbird on one of our hosta flowers yesterday!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Cool capture of the porcupine. Love the sweet hummer and the phoebe family. Have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh, I bet that porcupine is so entertaining, as are the birds! Great videos & captures ... priceless.

Nancy J said...

A chubby wee fellow, out in the very early morning for s quiet stroll. Love the birds, and reading , you will be thrilled with new eyes.

carol l mckenna said...

oh your posts and videos are always such a treasure of nature and its gems ~ love them all ~

Since my Zoe died ~ I decided to feed the birds and it is fascinating to watch ~ have had a hummingbird hover right next to my arm 2 days in a row ~ I am getting a feeding even though they seem to like my flowers too.

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The way that birds become so territorial always amuses me. It doesn't seem to matter how many feeding stations are available one bird always has to knock another off its perch!