Sunday 23 August 2020

Fun at the auction!

I like my online auctions! I won a few items, and we took off for a fun drive for the first time in months. 
There were clouds, but not bad for a drive.

Everything and everyone are busy. 
Whoops, it's been so long since I've driven down here. Apparently, they are rebuilding the road. It's a good thing, as it was quite a mess with potholes from the freeze-thaw cycles in our springtime.

I love my countryside drives! I'm sure this is familiar to many of you.

This is a new house. Well, 'new' when I last drove down here! 
Watch out for the bumps!
This is the first time I've worn a bit of make-up since last year. My eyes were too irritated with the cataracts. I have happily finished all of my eye drops, as well. 



Now, sans glasses, I can see to put mascara on without said glasses getting in the way. I have three pairs of glasses, (Rx of -10.5, if you are interested) to give to a good home. Few optometrists are collecting old pairs in this time of COVID–19.
There is always one! They had to wait for him, and it had just started raining. Not a happy camper!
I like this front deck!
It is an interesting facade.
Bad boy, litterbug!
It's nearing the end of the season, but I was most interested in the clouds.
As we drove, there was a huge flock of, I think, starlings. Gathering for that winter flight south. There were hundreds of them. It was amazing!
We came around a bend, and these geese were on a pond, and had just taken off. We frightened them as much as they frightened us! In the first photo, the middle one shows evidence of that... poopies!
Still those long clouds. According to David Piano, they are Rope Clouds.
I love all the flowers at this house, with the clouds in the background.
We made it to Augusta, and the auction house. We weren't sure about COVID–19 protocols, although we had our masks in the car. Turns out, it was quite efficient, going around the building, and loading up in front. The puddle was a bit of a deep one!
We had been sitting here, in a puddle, and it was dumping rain! Just as we arrived to get loaded up, the rain ceased.
Some of my loot! 
It looks like someone is living here, with tables and chairs, and a BBQ!
This house sold not too, too long ago.The coreopsis is growing everywhere! Such a lovely bright spot of colour. The bugs love them in my garden. (coreopsis verticillata?)

The snowmobile trail is awaiting travelers.
The dark clouds continued, after driving through a few cloudbursts.
Can you read the sign? We both hooted. "Big weiners ahead!"

11 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm not ready to go to an auction quite yet!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
What a lovely road trip - the clouds creating atmosphere! And what a pretty woman!!! YAM xx

carol l mckenna said...

What a wonderful road trip and photos ~ Love your header, by the way and you have beautiful eyes ~ Sounds like a good time ~ ^_^

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Christine said...

Thanks for the outing! You look lovely!

Hootin Anni said...

I love country drives! You look great without glasses (not that you looked "bad" before).

Nancy J said...

Love your eyes, and everything will look so clean and sparkling, a ,lovely drive with all those goodies at the pick up place, well done.

Rain said...

Big weiners ahead lol! Love that. Oh you look great Jenn, must be so nice not to wear glasses!!! I remember when I was working, and wore makeup...gosh 20 years ago or so...my mascara-covered lashes always blotted on my glasses, it was so annoying! You scored some nice art there!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

great new profile pic. love your toad. i have a cool one ...but i think yours is way more retro. awesome!! ( ;

Anvilcloud said...

I like that second bird pic.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So glad your eye surgery went well... you look great without your glasses! That was a nice drive.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

What a lovely outing and you look wonderful. Dynamic geese photos!

-Soma