Monday 24 August 2020

Stormy days

 That was a storm, Sunday morning. I woke at 03:15 to the sound of a lightning crack or three. Oh, my. Some sounded all around us, and one massive clap of lightning sounded as if it was in the backyard. We ended up with 28 mm rain, over an inch. 


It is difficult for me to capture lightning photos. The best I could do awhile back, was grab a screen capture of my video from 2017!

JB has been doing research, as I mentioned, looking for DVDs for us to watch. We've been watching BBC's House of Cards. It's quite something. It's not as dark as the US-version. Anyway, we settled on some DVD, which I ordered from Acorn. We are getting desperate! Guess what pops up in my browser as I surf...

I noticed a spider web in the early morning sun. The first photo didn't quite work!

Can you see the spider web? That was what I was after.


The fishies are happy.

We had a pair of cardinals the other day. It was unusual. By the time I spotted the female, fetched the zoom lens, they were gone! You'll have to imagine it.

I saw some amazing clouds on our day trip Friday.

This might be fun to sketch. Although, I've a load of wood to stack!!!




Our neighbours have created a parking lot! I haven't been here for a number of weeks.




We've had more rain today, Monday. It's been a very wet month. Last night we had quite a lot of thunder and lightning, again.



August has been a very wet month.


Then, there are the two tropical storms.
I hope you are warm and dry.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...please send a storm down to us.

Anvilcloud said...

From your Acorn popup, I highly recommend Unforgotten if you haven't see it yet. It is very good, and I am hoping for another season soon. It's about cold cases, but it has a different style than Waking the Dead, which I also highly recommend if you haven't seen it. It is older but quite rivetting.

Karen said...

We really got hit by that big red stormy blob yesterday afternoon and evening. One of these days I'm going to buy a rain gauge!

RedPat said...

We have had very little rain! it all seems to be passing by to the north. Things are so dry!

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like rain!

Linda said...

We have had a few thunderstorms over the past couple of days, and one last night in the early hours was a real strong one, lots of wind, rain and noise to wake us up.