Sunday 9 August 2020

🐻Bear, buck, doe, Butch, etc.

 I went down to fetch trailcam cards. I'd moved cam #2 after I'd seen obvious evidence of the raccoons. They'd dug many holes looking for grubs (see below), but no one showed up on the trailcam. I moved it. These trailcams are created for big game animals, they don't always work well with the smaller ones.

BTW Cinnamon and I found a bird's nest!


I wrestled up the trailcam cards, and over by the five sisters trees, I discovered evidence of a big critters. 

These are the five sisters.

The stump had been totally dug out. Aha! I practically ran up the hill, to go to the house and check the videos.
OK, no one shows photos of dug out stumps but me. You have to understand the excitement! Plus, I want to show JB what I'd found.

First up, the big buck. 

 

 And, as important, the doe:  

Momma Butch, I think she is down to 3 kits.  

 I'd moved the 2nd trailcam, as I said. I set it up to look up the hill, towards our lot #3. It's a popular path. I left trailcam #1 where it sat. I kept on getting critters running across the viewfinder. I put them both in this video of the doe and fawn.  

 And, finally, Booboo Bear.  

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

They all wandered through, proof there is still a lot of wild animals visiting, Love them all.

RedPat said...

I can never see your videos but i'm happy that you caught some creatures!

Anvilcloud said...

Nice, clear videos.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your videos.

All the best Jan

Red said...

You get to see much more with trail cams . There are many critters that pass through your yard.

Tom said...

...what a busy backyard you have.