Sunday 2 August 2020

Catalpa tree, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Booboo

My catalpa tree, which seemed dead, has some MORE leaves. I'd trained some wild grape ivy to go up the tree. It's coming along! A couple of feet up the tree, as well up higher. 

It is a popular tree. Can you see Cinnamon, and the red squirrel?

Cinn thought he'd treed DRS (dratted red squirrel), but the squirrel had tricks up its sleeve.



Nutmeg got up in the tree, as well! She's not fond of photos.

Cinnamon is growing into a big boy!

As I approached trailcam #2, I knew something was up. Well, in truth, it was down. Lying flat. Booboo didn't damage it, thankfully.


Down in the forest, we had a visitor. S/he as there for several minutes. I hope you like the snuffling. I'm inclined to think it is Booboo bear. He's quite curious, and a young 'un. 




If you go to the end of the video, you'll see Cinnamon sniffing around the camera, as well!

10 comments:

Tom said...

...I've alway thought that a catalpa tree was pretty is it was in someone else's yard.

DUTA said...

Trees have a certain beauty about them even without their leaves.
For cats and squirrels a tree is the perfect playground.

Christine said...

outdoor fun!

Luiz Gomes said...

Good morning, how are you? I'm Brazilian and I'm looking for new followers for my blog. New friends are also welcome.

https://viagenspelobrasilerio.blogspot.com/?m=1

Lowcarb team member said...

I'd not heard of a catalpa tree before!

All the best Jan

Nancy J said...

That was an interesting video cam, all angles, lots of sniffing and pushing, and then Cinnamon, how far away was the bear by then,

DUTA said...

Trees, even without the leaves, have a certain beauty of their own.
For cats and squirrels, the tree is the perfect playground.

Himawan Sant said...

How cute Cinnamon ... and he seemed happy free to play climbing the catalpa tree :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Everything thrives under your watch!

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Jenn,
Nice pictures. Great all these wonderful flowers.
The rain has done them well,
And what a lot of animals. Nice that squirrel and frog.

Greetings, Marco