Monday 31 August 2020

The storm on Saturday

 I noticed our doe and fawn were back. 




I took a video of them. They were cleaning up the weeds nicely!
 

Fawn and doe 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I divided the video in two. I'm fascinated watching them. As I taped this, the storm rolled in. The poor fawn wasn't sure what was up. Momma just kept eating. This ain't her first rodeo!

Fawn and thunder from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Off it went, to join momma on the front lawn again.


The goldfish pond was quite full, from the runoff from the rain barrel.


On the back deck, I moved a pillow so it wouldn't get wet. The tree frog was hiding there!

It was a heavy storm.

Even the downspouts were back up. With this kind of rain, we cannot use those leaf guards wouldn't work. 

I thought this artistic, the rain was so heavy on the coffee table, the drops were bouncing.


There are many who can capture lightning bolts. I am not one of them. I videotaped the storm and hoped for a bolt. As is my luck, there was one bolt I saw, but it was just off-camera.


The storm rolled in and over us.

storm from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

It was a lot of rain in one day. Very unusual for us. Nearly 49mm, or 2".



And goodbye, August! The girls come for the week, again. We'll see what we can get up to.

10 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i've not see my tree frogs this year. i wonder? i mean i hear them ... or what i think is their call?? so cute. hope ur Monday is going well. we are having rain ... perfect reading time. take care. ( ;

Karen said...

we just got steady torrential rain

Tom said...

...we had a few short showers, but nothing like yours!

Anvilcloud said...

From a hot, dry month to a cool, wet one.
Enjoy today. I see we have two more rainy days in the forecast.

RedPat said...

No rain at all here!

Nancy J said...

The young fawn, nowhere safe to hide. Looks like a huge downpour, hope you have a great week with the young ladies again.Allo good here, Dr so happy with my heart and BP, passed my medical AND the cognitive test for my driving licence. 30/31, after 10 minutes couldn't remember the last one of the 5 items I had been given, no rhyme or reason for ... a truck, banana, green, desk, and violin. Random words,every other question I sailed through.

Red said...

The fawns have done very well this summer.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the sweet deer, they are adorable. The tree frog is cute too.
Great photos and videos. We've had some heavy rain too, it filled up our pond some. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really poured down! I love seeing that baby deer...so sweet and shy! Enjoy your weekend!

Anu said...

Hello. You have so much beauty and animals in your yard. You live in very beautiful place. Thank you for sharing.