Monday 3 August 2020

The Garden

It's been raining for days. I thought I'd show some flowers. They appreciate the rain. 
I think we had 4 emergency warnings of possible tornadoes on Sunday. It was quite the day.

The Tiger Lillies are doing well.
Petunias...

The hops vine is climbing to heaven in the backyard on the deck.

Squirrel watching...

The catalpa tree is trying. It's winter kill, for sure. The heat bouncing off the chocolate brown garage wall.


In the backyard, Great Lobelia! I saw this plant on Ontario Wanderer's blog. I'd bought them a year ago, and wasn't sure which one I had growing! I think I killed the other plant. sigh. [More planting and birding, 2019]

Oh, yes. I still have to clean out the shed. I really purged the garage. I figured I won't tackle the shed anytime soon, so for $335 they took all our crap away. There was more, but I didn't do another photo! I spent several months on it.

 

I heard a sound behind the thermometer... so I removed it. Tree frog. 


This is our resident tree frog. He usually hangs about on the deck.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...you can never have too much color!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful flowers. Love the cute frog, you header is awesome!
Take care and stay safe! Enjoy your day, have a happy new week!

Karen said...

I saw a gorgeous catalpa tree out at a friends farm in Eganville yesterday. They have planted some non-native trees along their sheltered fence. I'm surprised how well they are doing.
MY little tree frog was back on the screen the other day. I think it's back in the clothes pin box again. Have found it there several times before. Hiding out from the torrential rains?

Anvilcloud said...

The warnings were a little alarming, but we kept an eye out. We were ready to head below if need be.

Cute frog.

RedPat said...

Cute frog! That is quite a camouflage he has.

Christine said...

The flowers do look well.

Linda said...

Lovely blooms, the gardens are sure appreciating the rain.