Thursday 27 August 2020

Gramma Camp!

Monday 

We've had fun this week. Grampa picked the girls up at our hostage exchange Monday, but didn't give me the photos until Wednesday. He gave his camera to Jos, who took some photos! She did pretty well!







They are building a new healthcare centre in Perth. Construction is ongoing.


Tuesday was the wasp situation. Izzy was brave. After lots of ice, by Wednesday she was good. I'm still suffering from my three wasp stings. 

We had a bit of a cold morning, Wednesday.

The girls are having fun with the cats!

Jos finished her puzzle! Last piece.

Tuesday, Izzy moved 16 logs before she was stung. I went out by myself, Wed. a.m., to check for wasps. Nada! I was good to go. I began moving wood by myself. We load it up on the tractor's trailer, and take it beside the house.
Iz came out to help. Grampa promised her a new video to watch.

Isabelle moved 77 logs when she came outdoors on Wednesday. After lunch, Jos helped me. I taught her how to drive the lawn tractor, and we did well. I think we've moved about half of it.


After lunch, we went to the beach. It was a bit chilly, 26 C. But the birds were happy.

We went swimming at the beach. Jos was so keen, and she talked Isabelle into it.
The water was warm, the breeze cool.

There was a dad with two girls when we arrived. Next, a mom with three kids.  I went in, too, while we played around. I spotted a gull sitting on our picnic table, so I hustled over. They pooped on the table, but not on our towels. Whew! 



The osprey continued to fly high, bothering the gulls. You could hear the chick in the nest whining for food!


AFter an hour, the other families left, and we were on our own.

After a swim, they sat, with goosebumps, burying one another!







They skipped some small stones.



The loon came really close, right inside the swim barriers.
The Masterpiece Theatre woman!



Mrs. Babushka was dressed by her assistant. Iz thinks she'll be a Russian Gramma for Hallowe'en, perhaps the next, non-COVID Hallowe'en, she mused.

Back home, it was hamburgers and raw green beans for dinner. We finished off a couple of TV shows. The girls only have Netflix at home, no cable, so they are fascinated with the ads. 

It's raining today, Thursday, we have a video to watch, Maze Runner: the Scorch Trials

5 comments:

Tom said...

...26C is chilly, really?

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

What a fun time with your granddaughters! Love the Osprey images.
Take care, enjoy your day!

RedPat said...

It looks like a fun day at the beach!

Lowcarb team member said...

Great photographs, especially those by the beach :)

All the best Jan

Ontario Wanderer said...

Hope some of that cooler weather comes down here. We are still in the +30's before humidex.