Saturday 22 August 2020

I saw the owl, again!

I've been seeing the barred owl frequently around the property. This is my viewing record: BARRED OWL.

Friday, Aug. 21 she was really close. So close, she flew across our view from the front window. We were watchingRaptors basketball. 
Now, a bird flying doesn't always capture our attention, there are so many birds! Owls, however, with a wingspan of about a metre, are quite startling close up.

 

I ran up to the window. Nothing I could see. Curiousity led me outside.


I toddled out, looking all around, and totally missed her. The goldfish were doing fine, however. We've lot one...

I walked right by her. How do I know this? I came indoors, and saw her fly right by again in the other direction. This time I found her.

Barred Owl Aug 21 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That's a mighty zoom that you have there.

Tom said...

..you sure are lucky!

Linda said...

persistence paid off

RedPat said...

How lucky are you!

Nancy J said...

A gorgeous face with those dark eyes, what a delight to find her and get a video. She must feel so safe to fly close by.

Out To Pasture said...

Owl sightings are always special, Jennifer. They are certainly well camouflaged. Wonder if it might be interested in a snack of goldfish.

Angie said...

WOW what a gift that you get to see her and get her picture!

Ontario Wanderer said...

Lovely owl photo! (I once saw a Barred Owl and Red Fox competing to catch a squirrel in Algonquin Park. The Owl won!)