Tuesday 4 August 2020

More rain!

Sunday brought a wonderful rain. My cheap reading glasses helped my take better photos. 

 It is peculiar seeing the fish surface, they seem to like the rain.

The water barrel drains into the fishpond. They fish usually dance in the stream of water. I wasn't going out in the rain to check, though. The mosquitoes are awful.
The rain!


 The lightning strikes were worst east of Lake Simcoe, going north.

 The storm was south of us.





The cats insisted that they go out. They lobbied hard. I love watching them look up at the door handle, as if us dumb hoomans don't get it! We kept them in, as it was pouring, and Nutmeg nailed 4 critters over two days.

Flying High

An older woman needs hobbies, since I'm limited in activities until two weeks post-surgery. On the back deck, in the sunshine, we were reading quietly, in between planes flying over. 
Up above, apparently, John Neufeld of Alberta. It's fun trying to see how my new eyes work. I started videotaping the planes overhead. These are screen captures of the videos.


 I couldn't get any register number from this one.


Also, C-GLIN, based in Smiths Falls.


Another one, but I couldn't see any registered ID.

7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We should get plenty of rain today, and it is cool too.

Tom said...

...last evening we received a much needed inch of rain!

Karen said...

https://www.flightradar24.com/45.31,-75.64/13#

Use this site to identify your planes! We are under a flyway for Toronto so we use this site a lot.

It has been raining all night. It has let up some now but it feels like more is coming. My garden is quite saturated but that's a good thing!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I was just playing your Snuffling video and Tony said what the heck is that! Yes, it sounds like a bear I think.
We are living under a rock because we missed all the tornado warnings which were for here as well. But we did have heavy downpours which we didn't miss. The pond is back!
Enjoyed your flower update.

Nancy J said...

Jenn, on my iPhone I have Flight Radar, and it shows any plane near any airport, so for our local one, it also shows the New Zealand Air Force base at Ohakea, I could track the flights coming in when the family came up from the South Island and also from North the following day. Not sure how it would work away from an airport, you might have something similar up there. Hope your new eyes are improving every day, sounds like you are being a very good girl and obeying all the warnings of what NOT to do.XXXX

William Kendall said...

And today there's more rain to be had.

Red said...

I like the float plane as I spent many hours on a float plane but, the float plane brought me the closest to an accident.