Wednesday 12 August 2020

Gramma Camp Tuesday, Aug. 11

Jos took a photo of the doe out front.I t's Gramma Camp, again. I have no idea how many that is this year. Soon Momma and Papa have to decide if they are sending the girls to school or not.

 

I promised the girls we could go to the beach on Tuesday. Isabelle was REALLY excited! We left the house, and arrived at the beach about 9:30. There was a storm on the way, which is why we thought we'd get a head start. Izzy and I made up a list, packed, and got organized. Jos was a little later arriving. Iz and I were waiting, then Grampa jumped in the car. Off we went.


We are in a heat wave, under a heat warning. It was a good day for the beach.
You'd laugh if you saw Izzy and I trying to load the floaty into the car. Here we are getting it out.



First ones there! The beach had been raked.

On the way in, we saw the osprey nest.

On the shore, lots of seagulls. Remember the osprey? At one point they flew over and the gulls, as one, all the gulls rose up and fled. It was powerful.

We had fun!

Josee wanted to pick up the snake, but I explained it was a water snake, and they bite! She loves reptiles and amphibians.

There were several butterflies, including a Monarch and several swallowtails.

They had a plan. They'd prepared. We had a bucket for water, a shovel, and a mug, to hold the snails Izzy was going to gather. Jos built a snail hotel. The gulls were busy.


Grampa came along in case we needed him.

He even took photos! In the mug were the snails Izzy had caught. 



Gosh, it was lovely!

I sent Grampa for a walk. He'd been sitting, and couldn't sit any longer. We'd agreed to leave at 11:30, and had a snack before driving home. In fact, don't tell Momma, but we went to Rideau Ferry for popsicles!
Several cars, as people showed up.

NO DOGS allowed, but we saw two, and evidence of a third, on the beach!

We were done!

Upon arriving home, after haning up towels, I spotted a cute little tree frog was hanging out on the bench.

A good day had by all.

11 comments:

DUTA said...

Wishing you many good days like this one at the beach!

RedPat said...

I enjoyed that day at the beach! ;-)

Tom said...

...field trips at camp, what fun!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A trip to the beach never gets old for children, does it? I would feel greatly honoured to have a Tree Frog waiting to welcome me back home.

Ontario Wanderer said...

I can hardly remember the last time I went to a beach. Looks great!

Christine said...

What a fun day out! I heard the water is really warm up there this summer.

Nancy J said...

An amazing day for you all together, you two must be the best of all grandparents, loved the pics of you in the water with the young ladies ( Cannot say girls now, they are so grown up and very beautiful), stay cool.XXX

Angie said...

Jenn - sounds like it was a perfect morning at the beach! (Except maybe the dogs.) You saw and did a lot in two hours. I am impressed that they rake your beach! I am sure there will be many more adventures at Gramma Camp!

Out To Pasture said...

Now that's my idea of a swell day!! I love the water and a good swim!

Red said...

Any day at the beach is a good one.

Anvilcloud said...

I was going to ask what beach until I saw the sign.