Friday 21 August 2020

Walkies, froggies, bucks, fawn

 Izzy has offered to help me stack wood. I asked what she charged. She said, skittles! The wood should arrive later today. The girls come back next week.

We've been having good rains.


The catalpa tree is still sprouting in strange places.


JB continues his walkies. I thought he looked snappy, in his black strap and black pants. He'll do this several times a day to loosen his back.

We're up to 16 froggies in the goldfish pond!


I was called to the kitchen window, where 2 bucks were hanging out. 

It turns out they were on the trailcam, as well. Actually, both trailcams!



Then, proof of three bucks!

It's adorable, seeing the fawn wind her way around momma's legs!

12 comments:

Tom said...

...I love your frogs, they jump too quickly for me!

Karen said...

JB is doing it right. On days when I don't walk my back is wrecked.

We desperately need help with our wood but no one is offering to help.

We saw a deer in a field yesterday on our way to Quebec, but they aren't around my house lately. My neighbour says they visit his far frequently to clean up the grain the kiddies drop on their way out of the granery. There is at least one, but maybe two does with twins.

DUTA said...

During the walkies, JB should protect, support, and stabilize his knees with braces.

William Kendall said...

I do wonder what critters make of trailcams. This buck was giving it a good sniffing.

RedPat said...

I love seeing the frogs!

Red said...

Looks like the fawn is very , very young.

Ontario Wanderer said...

I wish we could get some of that rain. Mush of our grass is brown and the cracks in the ground are getting larger and the cistern, for watering plants and animals, is almost dry.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jenn
It is good that JB is getting out for his walks. I love all the cute frogs in the pond. The deer and cute fawn are adorable. Great photos and videos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend. PS, thanks for visiting my blog and for the comment.

Anu said...

Hello. I love those videos. The last video is adorable.
Have a great weekend.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful post with photos and videos!!!

Rain said...

Hi Jenn :)) Great buck photo!!! Oh hurray for froggies and rain! We are back in drought mode. But it's getting too cold at night now, 9 last night, I had to wear my gloves out to walk the dogs this morning.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That fawn is adorable! It’s like you live in a National Park ...fabulous wildlife.