Wednesday 26 August 2020

The Wasp Saga Part 2

The first night was fun. We had beans and weiners, and I threw in a can of pineapple. Also, cooked carrots and broccoli. Pie for dessert!  

We watched TV for a bit, then I tucked them in.

We eased into the day. Iz and I had scrambled eggs for breakfast. We donned gloves. I fetched the lawn tractor and took it down to the pile of wood. We filled it, took the load and stacked it beside the back door. Back we went for load #2. We were on a roll. As we were stacking it, Izzy got stung by a wasp.


Dropping everything, Iz ran into the house, screaming. I put on bug bite, and then Jos fetched an ice pack. 
     "Who's gonna tell Momma?" I asked. 
     "Yep, I will," replied Izzy. "I'll tell her not to 'rip your head off!"
Iz was sitting in the bathroom, where we put on bug bite goo and a bandaid.
She took off her other shoe, as the was some dirt on the floor, we ran in so fast. As she whipped off her sock, there was the wasp. I picked up her shoe and smashed it three times. "You take that!" I knew I shouldn't have washed the floor.


Josephine videotaped Izzy's sad tale.

I gave Isabelle the Skittles she'd earned chucking wood for us. She rested. Iz texted Momma, who suggested Tylenol or Advil. All we had were extra strength tablets. Grampa hustled into town, and brought home Subway sandwiches for us for lunch.

Grampa had bought cookies and put them in the freezer, he thought a frozen cookie would do her well. He nuked it. Isabelle didn't feel up to going to the beach. Jos wanted her there to play in the water. 




By 3 p.m. movie time, I texted Iz (I was reading on the back deck) and asked if she was feeling up to watching Ghostbusters. She thought she was, but wanted to finish her book first. We watched Ghostbusters II, and America's Got Talent after spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. 

Wasp bite part 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Wasp bite part 2 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Jos and I went down to the trailcam. 

Booboo 13 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
O.M.G. - Izzy you were so brave!!! But gramma knew all the first aid and you got first-class care - and a big sis to record it for posterity. Now to find some industrial wear for wood shifting!!! YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello

The wasp stings do hurt, I feel sorry for your granddaughter.
Love the bear video! Take care, enjoy your day!

Tom said...

...you can't be too careful this time of year.

William Kendall said...

Ouch!

Hootin Anni said...

poor thing. I'd be having to go to ER with the sting! Hope she's okay now.

RedPat said...

The poor kid!

Anvilcloud said...

That smarted. (Which is an odd word.)

carol l mckenna said...

Wow~ One busy day ~ bittersweet post but great photos ~ hope all is well now ~ healing hugs ~ Xxxxxxxx

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Christine said...

Feel better soon Iz!

Red said...

Never a dull moment with kids.