Saturday 22 April 2023

Saturday's Critters

 I'm so happy to see the sparrows come back!

chipping sparrow from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

They are interesting critters, wild turkeys!
 

wild turkeys from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Brown Creeper – March 29, 2015
This is what they do:
 


Have you ever heard one? I had to look it up on BirdNET, despite seeing it a minute before climbing up a tree looking for lunch. This was this week in mating season.

 

brown creeper from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The crows like the cracked corn. I put some out for the ducks, hoping for tenants for my wood duck nesting boxes.

 

frogpond from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


They like selfies!
 

doe selfie from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Thanks to Eileen for hosting. Saturday's Critters # 488



11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Love the cute deer selfie. The Chipping Sparrows are cute, I've been seeing more here lately. Great captures of the turkeys. I assume our Brown Creepers have left now. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Tom said...

...you always have critters galore.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I've never seen nor heards of a brown creeper before. Such an interesting bird.
I love to see wild turkeys in the wild. They always pop up out of nowhere it seems.
Deer are also a favorite.

Mae Travels said...

brown creepers are really elusive little birds! I hope your duck nest boxes are soon occupied.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

I like your trail cameras. Is that Clover? We have sparrows all winter -- in fact, all year; they're our main bird, it seems. I never think of here as being "south!"

RedPat said...

It is such fun watching Brown Creepers going up & down a tree trunk.

William Kendall said...

Seeing the deer makes me smile.

Linda said...

Lots of spring birds have returned, got the hummer feeder out yesterday as I hear they are getting closer.

Elephant's Child said...

LOVELY critters. Thank you.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Deer are always so cute. We saw a wild turkey this morning on our hike and I thought of you. They are a fun sighting here.

Divers and Sundry said...

Most of our sparrows are house sparrows, though every once in a while I see/hear a white-throated sparrow. The crows are always impressive. And I'll never get over how often you see turkeys. Sweet!