Tuesday 11 April 2023

Saturday's Critters

Back to your regularly broadcast program, critters. Saturday's Critters # 486 I am late, but there were distractions!

We still have mice friends.

 

deermouse from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Single Tom Turkey seems to have found a buddy. The group of six, I have not seen for awhile.

turkeys from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We are on our last bag of deer food. This is it for the winter feed. Most of them have dispersed into the deeper forest, with dead grass and budding shoots to feed them. Clover will probably come back when my lilies bloom! I shall begin putting up my fence around the garden soon.

 

Joe & doe from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

This is why we stop now, before Clover tramples all my plants.

 

Clover from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Butch Raccoon has been active. They are funny to watch.

 

Butch appears from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

These are all prior to our ice storm. I have been distracted. This snow has nearly gone!

10 comments:

Tom said...

...those turkeys grabbed my attention.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
My pals up north of you are having a wee competition on comments as to when their snow will be gone from their yard (just the mown/tended part - like you they have acreage); for them I am guessing Apr 26... for you I'll lay down Apr 21. With wishful thinking! YAM xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm always excited to see your wildlife.

Barbara Rogers said...

Neat that Clover doesn't mind your being around her when putting out the feed. So you got some great shots of her that way!!

Elephant's Child said...

Love the critters - and hope you can save your garden from Clover and her friends.

Cloudia said...

This is better than national geographic, Jenn

RedPat said...

It must be really unpleasant fro the animals during an ice storm.

William Kendall said...

Clover is adorable.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Sorry, I am late visiting, we were away for a few days. Love the critter videos. The deer and turkeys are my favorites. Great critter post. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead. PS, thanks for leaving me a comment.

Jeanie said...

I'd say you've learned how to buy your deer food just right! Pretty soon, they'll have all they need in the wild.