Sunday 30 April 2023

Sprouts, rain, Lenton Rose

 🌱After such a stressful week, I thought some outdoor work was called for! I trimmed all of these tall grasses. I neglected an 'after' photo! It's been raining for two days, so I haven't ventured out. The new shoots are coming up. Indoors, my sprouts are sprouting!

 

After getting out and about, and trying to garden, I paid for it! My tenosynovitis kicked it. 😏 Foot brace is on, foot is up.

I finally remembered to check on my magnolia. Thank you, Ontario Wanderer, for reminding me! I have a memory, it is just selective! Maggie Magnolia only has buds right now (below, left). But soon!  She is growing, as you can see from my May 12, 2012 post on planting her (below right). She is almost as tall as the stick supporting the chicken wire.

 

This is what I await!

I have 180 videos of the spider web across the Crumbly Acres camera. 😏 It's the perfect place, with the light attracting bugs! You just gotta laugh.

 

☔While there was sun and clouds, as predicted, there were dumps of rain during out Kingston trip last Monday! We were headed to the pet store to supplement our goldfish stocks, as long as we were in the city. The weather was interesting!

We've a week of rain on the way. Percy is still managing all alone in his room (the outdoor goldfish pond), where he is supposed to be thinking about his behaviour, having eaten his siblings!

I noticed a robin's nest, about chest level. What could go wrong?!

The Lenten Rose has 7 or 8 blossoms! I am so happy to see it. The deer have been scarce, thankfully.
 

I had another go at it, with my iPhone...  It is tricky! I'm sure AC would fix it up, but I haven't the patience! 

Grecian Windflowers, along with the pale blue star flowers.

🐾 Nutmeg had the first tick of the season. Then, Cinnamon! We'll get some tick prevention meds Monday.

A little later than last year. JB and I had the most in 2022! 

It's the rainy season!

I read this on Elephant's Child's page: "the weather boffins predicted buckets of rain." It is rather fitting for us this week. Our arborists had to cancel. It's a mucky mess. 

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Love the blooms, the Lenten Rose is beautiful. I hope your foot feels better soon. Take care, have a great day and a happy new week.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Ouch! That foot looks painful. Hope it's back to normal soon.

Tom said...

...Lenten Roses are a wonderful part of early spring.

Barbara Rogers said...

How wonderful to have a magnolia coming along. Hope foot heals well, or heels maybe. Silly. Glad you keep track of ticks. Interesting.

RedPat said...

I'm not familiar with Lenton Roses. The weather has been the pits this week and looks to be that way for a few more days at least.
I hope Percy has learned something.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

oh I despise ticks!!!

William Kendall said...

Ouch on the foot.

Elephant's Child said...

Your poor foot. I hope it improves quickly. Love the lenten roses and wish I could grow camellias. It is our sulphur crested cockatoos that take them out.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

love your haircut, you were speaking about my eye glasses, i noticed your profile picture. cool hair, love seeing new style so so much!! sorry about your foot, is that something that heal quickly or something doesn't go away? i will have to google it. we took a real quick trip to Alabama, Georgia ...got back yesterday. so it was fun but 2 quick. amazing how green VA is now ...we had like 3 inches in the rain gauge. i enjoy your views. saw a fox, what other animal did we see on our journeys ...made me think of my bloggy buddies. ( :

Ontario Wanderer said...

I am not sure if your Lenten Rose is the same as what I know as Christmas rose or not. I see that there are about 20 species of Hellebores with similar flowering patterns. I had the good fortune of finding many growing wild in Tuscany a few years ago when were were visiting that area but did not realize that there were so may species.

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh Percy.. is that normal.. for goldfish to eat each other?
Sorry to hear you injuy had a flare up.

Cloudia said...

The beautiful season is underway! Listen friend, as caregiver to all of that you must care for yourself! I hope you feel better soon

Anvilcloud said...

The Lenten rose looks fine to me.

Divers and Sundry said...

Magnolias are gorgeous trees, and the blossoms had a wonderful scent to the air :)

Kay said...

I had a tick on my tummy once when I was pregnant and went camping. That was a long time ago.

I was wondering about getting one of those foot braces. Sigh... first my knee, now my foot.