Wednesday 20 April 2022

Walkies in Spring

 April 6, 11:00  – notice the shovel. I didn't quite make it to the shed. Caitlin put the snowblower in the shed for me, when she was here two weeks ago. I didn't jinx it, and bring the storm!


He likes his walkies, but also sitting.





The wetland is wet.




April 17th, I ventured out into our third lot and found our old white pine tree is really done for.



In the fall, the old pine tree in November and now: dead as can be. 


I have the remains of this tree (below), I stacked it as a totem pole. The chickadees checked it out a few years ago. I'd secured it to a stump, which has now deteriorated. It fell over! I'll have to remove the red metal spider. Non-mental note...


Nutmeg resting after a big day!

The kids were in Orlando, Florida, during March Break. I created a book for them, just for fun. It arrived yesterday, and I can reveal it! You can view it online on the link↑.


8 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I'm sure the book is lovely - unfortunately, that link is demanding I download an app to open it, which I won't be doing. YAM xx
Q=Query

Nancy J said...

Page 40, beautiful young ladies, looking like their Mum maybe. What a wonderful memory to have in your book. Loved every page.XX

RedPat said...

It really looks like spring wants to arrive.

William Kendall said...

The resident climber is busy assessing new routes to the high ground.

Jeanie said...

Nutmeg is one seriously acrobatic cat! But he looks in his element!

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice to see your wetland is wet!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I shudder to think that all our wetlands will soon be alive with hungry mosquitoes and I swear that every one has instructions to dine on me!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Wetlands should be wet. The old pine must have been impressive when alive and is probably a great wildlife habitat now it's dead