Thursday 21 April 2022

Cooking, bears, snow

✈ Air Traffic (UA)

Poor Ukrainians, they had 1260+ bombs fall April 18th. It is just horrific. There were mistakes made by many countries leading up to this, but it is too late (or early) for blame. It is so tragic.

People are stepping up, providing help, assistance, homes. Families are taking in families from all parts of the world. 

Bombs fell April 18th
 The Italian air force, USAF plus army & navy, RAF, French, and Nato planes have been covering Romanian air space. 

Cooking

I like watching cooking shows. Look at what I bought at the auction! With only the two of us for breakfast, I thought I might find it useful.


Jan. '21


April 18th



April 17th vs. April 19th, but it all melted!


The backyard still looked pretty covered in snow, but the delight is wearing thin!


I had a delightful Facetime with Cluny and Jesse in Vancouver. She was over the moon fooling me with changing various backgrounds on Jesse's phone as we talked. She watched my reactions. It was so much fun!




Nutmeg brought in her second tick in two days. I took it off her, we put it into the jar with a cotton pad of rubbing alcohol. JB hustled into the vet's offices and we put some tick prevention goop on them, Bravecto.


🐻SNUGGLE Bears

April 18 – they were cold and tired, and went back to bed.

April 20 – Royal Family Photo; God Save The Queen

Cinnamon and I went walkies down to the forest. 



Cinnamon on a log

Cinnamon frogpond from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

This morning I heard the cardinal, phoebe, and other birds singing their spring love songs. We've so many birds returning from migration, as well as those already here and ready for mating, that it is simply delightful. I heard a bird, videotaped it, and played it while running the BIRDnet app.
Flicker in forest

Northern Flicker from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Even the turkeys are doing their dancing.

wild turkey from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...that turkey is magnificent.

Anvilcloud said...

That does look like a fun visit.

Barbara Rogers said...

A turkey's face is so primal...his dinosaur ancestry shows.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Is that grill cheaper to run than the one on the stove? (These things are mattering more and more!) Salute to the bears... YAM xx
R=Reef

William Kendall said...

Cinnamon is quite a good walking companion.

RedPat said...

Let's hope that is the last snow we see.

Karen said...

I have to tune the news out most of the time. It makes me really depressed. Those poor people caught in the middle of that...
Our robin parents are hopping around the woodpile cleaning up whatever grubs or bugs are there. By the end of June there will be a gaggle of youngsters running around with them. No sign of the flickers yet. They always hang out together so I expect them any time.
Thanks for reminding me to put the goop on the Princess.
Our county is saying the Spongy Moth outbreak is going to be quite bad this year, but not to dispair, because it is cyclical.

Nancy J said...

Maybe for the first time I have heard you say that the delight is wearing thin!!!Your spring must have started, even a little bit with the birds calling out. Ukraine, I cannot watch the news on TV any more, too sad and horrific to see.Love Facetime, and Zoom, we are so fortunate these days to have that modern technology, wish it was there years ago .Like 1986!!!!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful post and photos, videos ~ fun with your grand children ~ Xo


Wishing you laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Red said...

the world has made a mistake in the Ukrainian crises and it's going to be difficult to sort things out now.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

All that air traffic is interesting. I think everybody is on edge not knowing what old putin might do given his lack of success. I have no idea where this is going.

I love your wild turkey video.

Olga said...

I have not seen a flicker in such a long time!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I am late visiting. My computer and I had a meltdown yesterday. Ticks are terrible. I had a dog that was covered in them when I boarded him at a kennel while I was on vacation one year. I had to take him to my vet and I reported the kennel to my local officials.

That turkey is amazing, but I was fascinated by your northern flicker.

Cloudia said...

Enjoy your days!