Monday 4 April 2022

Seedy Sunday

🏤LANARK LIFESTYLES

We went into town, I haven't taken many photos, but here is an update to this local build. 

I wrote some about this new senior's housing and residence built recently in Perth. They have built Tay River Healthcare, and are adding buildings for phase 2. They've put student artwork into the building! Perth student artists create masterpieces for Tay River Health Centre

PHASE 2
There is some controversy about the privacy fencing (Dec. 27Mar. 16, 2022March 31 ) for homes facing the property. They are working on it! 
This is the latest photo: 




I toodled on down to the frogpond. The wonderful melt it had begun has reversed somewhat. There is evidence that the turkeys have been sitting on my dock. 



The frogpond is filled with snow melt, making it a vernal pond. Some seasons it lasts all summer.  The meadow looks like a pond, as well.

I spotted the first signs of daffodils. Soon they will be smiling and the bees will be out!


I saw signs of the tulips, as well! Soon they will be up and blooming.

Ditch Diving
I spent a couple of hours picking up trash from our ditches. Some years they've been quite wet, and I wore my non-leaky rain boots just in case. (They were a gift!) The ditch was quite dry, which doesn't bode well for Spring flowers.

I picked up a good load of stuff. Mostly beer cans. Ironically, I was picking up what was obviously debris from a car incident, when suddenly an ambulance flips on their sirens. I've a low startle reflex and I jumped, covering my ears. Some of the trucks really do well over the 80 km/hour speed limit and it unnerves me, but I carried on. I probably have another couple of hours to do. "Nevertheless, she persisted."


Back up at the house, Cinnamon was observing his front yard. The Orchid cactus is blooming (lower left) and the squash, pumpkins, zucchini and zinnia are coming along.


turkey tails from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Local School absences
The information reported to the dashboard is voluntary and may not represent the full extent of COVID-19 cases in the OCDSB. General dashboard

10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yeah, the change from winter to spring isn't necessarily the cleanest or prettiest, mud often being the predominant feature! We have had somewhat of a reversal of weather here and the Bumble Bees I was seeing three weeks back are nowhere in sight the last few days. Their turn will come again... YAM xx
C=Connections

Tom said...

...the signs of spring are lovely to see.

Olga said...

When I lived in the country I always made it a spring chore to pick up the beer cans, coffee cups and fast food wrappers but it always gave me a sense of dissatisfaction with my fellow human beings.

Anvilcloud said...

I will have to ask Sha about the fence. She hasn’t mentioned anything, not that this is in her bailiwick.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh the Tom Turkey is so fun strutting his stuff. Sorry the ditch had all those beer cans. Maybe that's why I prefer to drink beer out of bottles...association. But my lips do prefer the feel of the bottle.

RedPat said...

You are a good neighbour to be out cleaning like that.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just when my tulips were starting to shoot out, we had SNOW. Not sure what, if anything survived. Still a bit cold out to take photos. I often pick up water bottles, soda and beer cans, and lots of plastic bags from my front yard. Nice of you to clean the ditches.

William Kendall said...

Cinnamon has a good perch.

Lowcarb team member said...

Cinnamon looks to be sitting very comfortably observing his front yard :)

All the best Jan

Malindha Erba said...

Nice photos ^^