Friday 15 April 2022

We do have adventures!

Wednesday in the wee hours

JB arose in the wee hours to powder his nose. The cats had cornered a deermouse in the bathroom, between the cupboard and wall. He just came back to bed! They are on the move, our mice friends.

Wednesday evening

We were sitting watching The Repair Shop, Or Landmark, or was it Portrait Artist, on TV. We tape them and relax in evenings. Suddenly, Nutmeg roared in the room. She was chasing a deermouse. It ran under my chair, around the room and behind the TV. It was good entertainment. We went to bed, figuring they might get it later. Cinnamon was snoring on his cat stand. She is the hunter. 



In bed at 10 p.m., JB was asleep and I was reading. I could hear fooferaw down the hall, but I ignored it! In the morning, in front of my chair, a dead deermouse. Poor thing. C'est la vie! 

There are lots of mouse tunnels exposed since the snow melted. These are likely field mice or voles.


Signs of spring are slowly emerging. It's a bit too chilly in the mornings, but it warms up during the day.





Checking out the trailcams... When I walked down Thursday, there were at least a half dozen ducks on the pond. I moved the trailcam, as it wasn't capturing them. 



🐻SNUGGLE Bears

JB set up the bears.


He bought outside bear a new t-shirt. Poor bear is falling apart, but then aren't we all?! 

We've had about 11 mm rain over three days. Not much, but lots of cloudy days. Not as bad as Manitoba, who just had a massive snowstorm (20 - 30 cm).


I was inspired to do a sketch by all the artistic shows!


14 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that all of your adventures are good ones!

Olga said...

As a sign of spring, I prefer the tulips over the voles.

Anvilcloud said...

That aspect of country living would not appeal to moi.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh how sweet...deermouse present for you in the morning! Those cats do have their work cut out for them! Happy Easter weekend to all of you!

Karen said...

I watch all of those shows on Makeful too. I hope Landscape Artist of the Year comes back soon. That was my favorite.
No sign of mice here yet but the squirrels are crazy. I keep watching for a female visiting close to the house but so far no sign. They have chewed a hole right through the wall and nested in our basement in the past! I think they are denning in the shed.

RedPat said...

Poor wee mouse. It is nice to see flowers poking through.

Nancy J said...

Poor wee mousie!! Jenn, if you like Tulips, Google Keukenhof Tulip Gardens, millions of tulips in a HUGE display, Amsterdam, in all that glorious colour.

William Kendall said...

We did need that rain.

The Furry Gnome said...

Yes, I'm falling apart like the bear!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your cats are good hunters! You have spring blooms!!

DrumMajor said...

Cute sketch of the tulips. The bears are gonna make a big noise trying to hop around. The cats are earning their keep! I've heard of various service dogs. You've got working service cats! Linda in Kansas

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your cats crack me up. Mine would not know what to do with a deer mouse.

I LOVE your drawing and coloring. What a cute little bug, too!

Jeanie said...

News will get out. Two cats. One dead compatriot. One can hpe!

Love your drawing -- it's so happy!

Lorrie said...

I admire your casual attitude to cats chasing mice in the house! There are so many wonderful things available on line these days. What fun to draw tulips and colour them.