Saturday 23 April 2022

Critter tails

Butch raccoon – we haven't seen them too much.

Butch from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I'm having trouble with this trailcam. I'm still working on it for duck season. Two of our nesting boxes have been tested, but no feathers in there yet. That is the sign that they are preparing the nest. 

 

ducks on pond from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I don't know what prompted him to go into full feather mode. No other turkeys around!

Tom Turkey from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I like grackles. They have the most beautiful colours. The first was from Bala, the second, from a Westport restaurant where we used to sit on their patio.
We've a half dozen grackles. I don't know if they are going to stay. They really are quite funny. Cinnamon and I went walkies. When we returned to the house, there was Dratted Red Squirrel! DRS got away, and chittered at him from up in the tree.

 

Cinnamon & DRS from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The feeders are coming down soon, as it will be bear season. Next, I shall have to put up the fence around my garden. That worked really well last year. The deer have already lopped off a few tulips. 


16 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Wow, I'm not sure I have heard squirrels chatter before - that was quite the tirade!!! YAM xx
T=Thistle

Jeanie said...

That turkey is just showing it all, isn't he? You have such beautiful wildlife where you are.

Tom said...

...Butch's eyes sure light up!

Karen said...

Apparently they want us to remove our feeders if we have turkeys around. Something to do with this bird flu virus hitting our feathered friends.

William Kendall said...

Cinnamon got really close to the squirrel.

RedPat said...

The squirrels have been digging around in my large pots. They are such devils in a garden.

Nancy J said...

DRS, he is such a show-off, that magnificent tail, and so fast. Up the tress and saying " haha" .

Cloudia said...

You are my frontier woman hero!

Christine said...

Nice videos

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Grackles are highly under-appreciated birds that more people would be well advised to notice. I am always impressed by their beauty and amused by their antics.

Angie said...

Jenn - a marvelous collection of wildlife. We are in the UK at the moment, and on the way home from an outing this evening, I was thrilled to see a hedgehog! I (safely) jumped out of the car for a photo, but it scurried off into the night too quickly for me!

DrumMajor said...

And what would sweet little Cinnamon do if she actually caught that squirrel?
Linda in Kansas

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely selection of wildlife there, grackles are beautiful birds. I'm glad the squirrel escaped from Cinnamon, it was interesting to watch them

Linda said...

So many critters in the garden now.

Kay said...

I've never appreciated the grackles before, but you've really captured their beautiful color here.

Jeanie said...

When the sun hits a grackle just right, they glow. So magnificent!