Sunday 3 April 2022

Spy technology

 I've written about how we can look for the helpers. Then, there are the spies and the analysts! There is spying going on overseas. I read an interesting piece, an interview with a Russian journalist living in London: The Bear Breaks Down: Andrei Soldatov on Russia’s Self-Destruction:

Andrei Soldatov, a Russian newspaper reporter, co-founded a website called Agentura.ru devoted to monitoring the activities of Russia’s security services. 

He has analysed the failure of the Russians to take Ukraine. It's a good read, if you are into that sort of thing. I was curious. He talks to Russian spies, now called the FSB (formerly KGB), and gets information. No wonder he has fled Russia.

Here is an interview with Soldatov. 

It was reported that Ukraine captured a spy truck. This fascinated me!

This is such a hi-tech piece of equipment. 

There is a theme here. If you recall, we have a mouse hole on the front deck. The cats, Cinnamon and Nutmeg, even Oregano, peer in the hole like spies. I've captured them on the trailcams, at night in the dark!

I imagined what the deer mice were doing! 


Using mixed media, coloured pencils, and fine coloured sharpies for outlines I chose pastels for the frame. I realized I'll have to be very careful scanning it, since the pastels are likely to transfer. Whoopsie!

9 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
You can get a fixative spray for pastels, Jenn - prevents transfer and smudging.

Yeah, it may not be the 'golden age' of cold war spying, but it is still very much thriving... YAM xx

Tom said...

...a part of life that murky.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh my! That sounds like we (or someone) has found out about the spying...on itself even. We are aware on some level of hightened threats on our own cyber security. I figure my spyware is being updated to do what I've paid for. Fingers crossed do any good? Love your art!

Anvilcloud said...

Interesting topic and segue too. 😎

Karen said...

I've read many reports and heard many bits on TV that say/said the next war will be electronic.
Now that we are tethered to these darn cell phones our every move is monitored.
Love the door mouse drawing.
We don't see them in our house anymore. The squirrels are trying their best to break in though.

Cloudia said...

You are fascinating person because you are interested in everything!

Nancy J said...

All that info, technology , and the war still carries on. Let the cat and the mouse play :" Spies" ,love your drawing. Hope this one goes into the book you will be making!!

William Kendall said...

Sooner or later there's going to be hell to pay for Putin. From his own nation.

Jeanie said...

That does sound like a good read. I just hope they can find Putin and get rid of him fast. The recent atrocities in Bucha are almost too much to bear. And I don't think they are the last.