Sunday 10 April 2022

We're boosted!

😷COVID-19 & Omicron

Wastewater COVID–19 rates are still rising in Ontario. Not that they are testing properly. Most of us can only use a rapid test (RAT), and they are stopping handing them out for free at the end of this month. The PCR is much more effective. 





 That said, we are both over 60, and Ontario opened up to giving a 2nd booster (i.e., 4th shot) of the vaccine. Going online, I found our local health unit's portal and signed up. We had it Thursday evening here: 😷Tay River Health Centre, which I watched them build. 

They have built Tay River Healthcare, and are adding buildings to the complex . Perth student artists create masterpieces for Tay River Health Centre. <= They've put student artwork into the building!

We were the last two appointments of the day, they jabbed 45 people Thursday.




In and out,  done in ten minutes! It's a pretty facility.




They are working on Phase 2 of the retirement residence! [🏤LANARK LIFESTYLES]

Friday, we had a robin smash into the window. Often, it's the kestrel or hawk that chase them. I've seen it happen. JB found a box, and we let it rest, it was quite dazed. I went out to check on it, and it looked better. Eventually, it flew off into the sunset.


Saturday the girls came over. More on that later! 

Friday, I set up the water barrels. Also, I popped the seedlings outdoors in the sunshine.

The goldfish pond has melted. Only one dead frog. That is a good thing. I worked so hard on that. I moved 46 frogs to the frogpond in October. [🐸Moving the froggies]

Also, I heard the wood frogs and the spring peepers in the frog pond. Spring is truly here.

8 comments:

Tom said...

...good to hear!

Barbara Rogers said...

So glad Mr. Robin recovered! Glad you all got boosted.

Anvilcloud said...

That was a quick appointment. I got online earlier, but didn’t get in until May 15. I specified Almonte which may be a busy location.

Nancy J said...

Down here, the saying is that the RAT tests are 50% true. I am not sure as I have had Covid symptoms, and every day the rapid test is negative, so I am saying they are 50% false !!! And Covid does have side effects or after effects, shingles, inner ear problems, and pains in knees, feet ankles and hands to mention a few.I think when a bird stuns itself, some time sitting quietly and soon it recovers. Love your one that eventually flew away. Second booster, maybe we will get them here too.

RedPat said...

I have to wait another month before I can get the 2nd booster. Glad that you got yours already.

Red said...

Some of these birds must suffer from concussion unless for some reasons birds don't get concussion.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Jenn, caught up on your posts . I wondered how you captured mice on your cam till I read you lowered it. Duh. We have a raccoon at night too who opens the compost bin. Your property is ahead of ours in thawing. I get the Lanark Lifestyles newsletters, it is quite something! Glad you got your booster at their healthcare Center which is great for Perth. How wonderful you are to pick up the rubbish. I looked along our road but there is little ditch so no debris, I guess it blows away. Take care now!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'll be eligible for the second booster next month and I'll be there getting the needle in my arm!!