Tuesday 5 April 2022

Phoebe, raccoons and Oregano

 🐣PHOEBE

Phoebe is back. I heard him singing, and when I worked out, I saw him landing just outside the back door. This is where they built their nest last year! I shall look forward to seeing where they nest this year. I asked if JB heard them, he said, "I've not much chance of even hearing the heavenly choir!" 



Soon they will lay eggs, having built a snappy moss nest. Then they will hatch!

There was a break in the clouds, and I sat out front to read. The sun went behind new clouds, and even with a blanket, I was chilly. I did get some fresh air, though. Sunshine has been limited.

There was a pair of raccoons overnight.

Butch raccoon from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Butch in the rain, they look so wet! 

I am surprised they left my camera standing. I set it on the ground to better watch the mice.

Butch 2 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Oregano was back, he climbed the snow pile, looking around.

Oregano from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...I rarely see a raccoon unless it's laying on the side of the road.

Barbara Rogers said...

Had to laugh at the coon going for the camera. It must be hard to hunt for food by smelling it!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Wishing the Phoebe batch all the very best! YAM xx
D=Daisy

RedPat said...

Spring is slowly coming and there will soon be baby birds.

Cloudia said...

You are the frontier woman!

Nancy J said...

JB must have heard the chimes ringing!! Love the wee mouse scuttling out of the way just in time.Your camera, lucky it is still intact.

Red said...

Did you ever try an infrared camera?

William Kendall said...

Those raccoons look in good shape.

Jeanie said...

Check out those babies! They're darling! I'm glad all survived -- looks like quite a "breeze!"

Anvilcloud said...

speaking of lack of hearing, I must report that I am doing better with my newer set. They do improve with every generation it seems, which is good since my ears get worse and worse. (Generation being a few years in hearing aide technology.)

Phil Slade said...

here's hoping the Phoebe family fare well in the wonderful summer you're about to have.