Tuesday 31 August 2021

Ecotay Market on Sunday!

JB suggested we go off to the Ecotay Market on Sunday. Sure! He's been scouring the internet for places to go. Even the 🐻SNUGGLE Bears were looking to plan a trip. I'm beginning to feel we should take a trip!

This is the first market I've been to in a long time. I even did my face. Just for practice. Sadly, it wasn't waterproof mascara. You'll see why later. We arrived at the farm. It was dark. We expected rain around 9:30, but thought we'd try it.


Circle D Homestead had a table in the barn. Good thing!

We bought a few things. 

Tasha's Table, though Tasha wasn't there. Hubby stood in for her. He is responsible for the veggies! We bought some spices.

This is Marleen Keenan, of Mar's Lil Shop (below). I snapped a photo of a photographer! Her friend said it was her first show, and I was her first sale! That made me happy. She was happy. I bought some beeswax tea lights. At this point, it was getting darker, and there were a few sprinkles of rain!



Then, a crack of thunder, and a bit of rain. And a bit more rain. Then the clouds dumped on us. It's a lovely farm.

We sheltered in the barn. Glorious rain! Ecotay rain  


We skedaddled. So much for putting on makeup! 

We needed rain. We were happy to see it fall.


We were soaking wet.

This is our haul. Some spices, bee's wax tealights, soap, pickles, reusable face pads. 


If you look just above the placemat, you'll see the thermometer from the BBQ. It has moisture in it. I Googled that, and found out how to get it out. You put it in a covered casserole dish at 350° for a half hour. I'll wait until I have something to cook. That said, it's been sitting on the table for a couple of days and the moisture is gone!

It was quite a storm. Lots of thunder and lightning. 

It was good to get out and about!

11 comments:

Tom said...

...rain can ruin an outing, but right now I'd love some.

Olga said...

Even with a downpour, that was a worthwhile trip.

William Kendall said...

We seem to be missing the rain. It hits to the south or to the north, but misses here. Quite a drenching.

RedPat said...

We could use a nice gentle soaking rain here!

DUTA said...

It looks like a lovely market, and you got a welcome rainfall! All in one day

Lorrie said...

Look at that beautiful rain! I wish it would rain like that here! A mostly outdoor market is a great place to go these days. Glad you had fun!

Out To Pasture said...

It sure is good to get out and about, Jennifer. Therapeutic even. I wonder if the buggy ever gets hitched up.

Rain said...

Nice little haul of market goodies!! Look at that rain fall!!! You look so cute in the photo!!! ☺

Red said...

Market people are a tough bunch and so are their customers.

Ontario Wanderer said...

Thunder, lightning, yes, some rain but our well water is about 10 feet further down than last year at this time. We really need a lot of rain sooner rather than later.

Anvilcloud said...

A new one on me. Looks good.