Tuesday 17 August 2021

Monday dawns

 Monday. Garbage day. Unlike A/C, I had no wish to photograph the sunrise! Typical cool August nights, although the high will be 27C., it began a bit chilly. 

Instead, I put out the garbage. I had a friend, then two. Then three. A buck, a doe in under the sumac trees, and Cinnamon.



Their responses to us, as humans, is very situational. I was down in the forest the other day and he hid behind the trees. 

buck velvet from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Later, on my walkies, I found lots of red-eyed vireo. Back in the backyard, I heard the cardinal singing, sure enough. I spotted him. The cedar waxwings are still zooming around like an air squadron. 

Down on Oliver's Lot, I found this critter. I would think it is the larvae exoskeleton of a cicada. I've photos of the adults.


cicada from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

There are now 14 frogs in the goldfish pond. I'm going to have to fish them out once the fall brings rain and fill the wetland. Our frog pond is dry.

Two are leopard frogs, the other 12 are green frogs of various sizes. 

The wood frogs jump through the forest. Running to escape me.

I'll end on a fun note. Little Booboo Bear 2 was spotted.

Booboo 2 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

9 comments:

Tom said...

...I enjoy seeing the beer in your video and that's close enough for me.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I laughed at myself - for in the initial photos I wondered where you were. Then remembered you'd had the road relaid!!! It looks fab. Getting over that, I thoroughly enjoyed all the critters. YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

I could have made it out again this morning, but I didn't.

BTW Booboo isn't spotted. You need to clean your glasses. ;)

Karen said...

I'm starting to notice the wood frogs in the grass. The baby garter snakes are coming out more too. Watch out crickets, your days are numbered with this lot.

RedPat said...

You are like an animal whisperer!

William Kendall said...

It is quite something to see a bear just be a bear.

Nancy J said...

If you go down to the woods today... There Booboo will be playing, even if he goes so slowly.Love the greenery and all else. Enjoy every day, as the school bus has a well earned break.

Lorrie said...

You make even taking out the garbage seem like an adventure with all the creatures in your neck of the woods!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful captures of the deer, kitty, the frogs and the bear!
Take care, have a great day.