Tuesday 3 August 2021

'Confusing fall warblers!'

Confusing warblers! There is a page for them in the bird guides – for good reason...


The one was feeding the other, with the flappy wings and open beak, demanding food! 


UPDATE: and I'd agree, common yellowthroat juvie and momma!

 Just to further confuse me, there were a pair of birds in the pine tree out back. I tried to photograph them, but couldn't. I heard a noise out front, and realized they were out front, and someone suggested house wrens. What a noise!


In the meantime, we keep finding spaghetti sauce-like stains on our clothes. Cannot imagine why! I pruned a whole lot of them lilies.


The hummingbird likes the tiger lillies! hummingbird  

  

Clover continues to eat... well, clover! The fawns are still feeding.

The fawns are adorable! Twice on this camera (coming and going), and once on the far trailcam. deer friends  

 

For fun, I made a recipe of Curried Sloppy Joes. I cooked mine in a crock pot. Daniluk made hers on a hot plate, as they were camping! We had leftovers, and I froze another 4 portions for when the girls come back.

Our Canadian vaccination rates, by age, as of July 24th. It's the provinces and territories who have the healthcare mandate, but the federal government who procured the vaccines. 

I'd just checked, Cinnamon came in after dinner and was sleeping on his bed. I told him Josephine went home, but he likes his bed.

Just for fun, on a quiet statutory holiday, we were tucking into our latest TV watching (Murder Call – from Australia), I heard the sound of a large cat jumping onto the floor. Sure enough, another bat flying up and down the hall, around the kitchen, and the dining room! 

JB stood at the front door, I was at the back. The cats were enthralled. I grabbed it in the butterfly net and took it outdoors. It likely came in through the chimney. We've had bats on and off for years. Bats in my belfry?

9 comments:

Tom said...

...it's all confusing to me.

RedPat said...

I would find the bats rather scary to have in the house. It is good you have the net on hand.
I'm still dealing with the blogger problems - not able to view my reading list and my blog shows up as weird code on other people's sidebars. I can't figure it out.
http://occasionaltoronto.blogspot.com/

RedPat said...

I just went on-line and my reading list is working again and my link on people's sites are working. Who knows what was wrong but it is fixed.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i've been working lately on my ability to hear and understand the sounds. i mean i did listen as a kid but now i am a bit more easily able to figure out which bird they are .. which is tons of fun. take care. ( ;

Lowcarb team member said...

Reading about your bat reminded me! Several years ago when Eddie was visiting family he told me that their get-together was interrupted by an unexpected visitor! A bat had entered through an open window, luckily it didn't stay long and flew out again.

Take care, my good wishes.

All the best Jan

Cloudia said...

It is never boring visiting you!

Christine said...

I don't want summer to end, it's full of life and greenery.

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Jenn,
Very nice to see the different birds who want to feed each other. Very special.
And nice pictures of the tiger lillies and a special visitor, the bats.
You have made a lovely meal...hmmm...!!

Greetings, Marco

Far Side of Fifty said...

My parents used to get bats then they put a guard over their chimney...it worked. I had a wood duck once that crawled down a chimney into a cabin attic...she had about five nests up there so had ben doing it for years. We put a wood house up next to the chimney and put a screen over the chimney opening...it all looked rather strange but worked!
Those confusing warblers and the wrens confuse me too:)