Friday 13 August 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 35.3

 Wednesday was hot, humid, with a bit of rain, only a couple of mm. Grampa made the bed, again!


We eased into the day, our last week of Gramma Camp. Grampa took them walkies, then they went shopping. They must have spent 20 minutes here on the rock, I was told. I did a workout in the basement.



They went down to the 'antique' store. The girls are fine with masks. They are quite conscientious about it. They will have no problems with them when they go to school in September. Isabelle bought a ring. Josephine looked at the swords, but they were too expensive.



They came home, and Josephine rushed into the shower. It was SO humid. Back home, we did some baking. Ssshhhhhh. Don't tell mamma.

Isabelle posed for me, as we were snacking on Scoops and baba ghanouj. It's a store-bought Lebanese eggplant dip I like. They liked it, too.


The girls went downstairs for their 3 p.m. video, although they were late, at 3:09. Horrors! I watched a RomCom. It's a hobby, as I try to find Canadian-filmed movies. 🎥TV MOVIES!

Last month they were showing Christmas-themed afternoon movies. This month, Valentine's Day ones! "The Secret Ingredient" was fun, shot in 2020, they feature diverse people these days. The plot includes chefs competing on a TV show, which is hosted by a real US chef, Maneet Chauhan, born in India. 
Part of it is supposedly filmed in New York, the scenery is fun, but much of it is filmed in Winnipeg. 


I've also watched,  All Summer Long (2019) this week. Taped on the Pacific Yellowfin🛥yacht. It was great fun! A beautiful yacht and amazing scenery. Yay, British Columbia.


We had lasagna, heated up in the microwave. Then, watched part of America's Got Talent. Isabelle only likes the ads!

9 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

So that antique place is still going on. I have wondered about it.

Tom said...

...I hope to remember the days of this week come January when it's bitterly cold!

Christine said...

Treasure these times!

DeniseinVA said...

I love to see your Gramma Camp photos. Good for your granddaughters wearing their masks. It will be interesting for them to look at these photos in the years ahead and say remember when? I’d like to try baba ghanouj, something I have never heard of before but like discovering new things. Thanks for that. Isabelle looks like she is really enjoying hers. Thanks also for the link to the movies. I am trying to find a good one right now. Always a fun read, thanks Jenn :)

RedPat said...

The humidity this week has been a killer. Perfect for staying in and watching a movie.

Linda said...

The heat continues, I watched some of those movies too ... ah, the perfect world.

DUTA said...

The girls look good with the masks. Hopefully, the two understand the necessity of wearing masks; it's the main barrier to the virus.

William Kendall said...

I've had about as much as I can take of the humidity.

The Furry Gnome said...

Izzy has grown up fast, nearly as tall as her sister now!