Friday 27 August 2021

Temper, temper!

🎾JB finds comfort in watching sports. Things are almost normal, but this seems ridiculous, though. We noticed that the cameras at both the recent Canadian tournament (Roger's Cup), as well as the more recent one in Cincinnati, Ohio, had cameras on the end of the courts. 

Normally, they are behind a wall, like this:

Russian player Medvedev had complained about them all week in Ohio. Then, this happened. MVI_1633.m4v  

They picked it all up, the camera was fine. His left hand was sore. However, he wasn't pleased, after all his complaints all week. This is the way he earns a living, and you'll note the 'HEALTH' sign behind the camera. There is a lot of money in tennis, and TV contracts and politics factor into many (all) sports.


He went back, again, and gave it a kick. Next, he chatted with the referee who explained he couldn't do anything immediately. Anyway, with all the issues in the world, it's difficult to figure out how to stand up for what you believe in. I understand the frustrations of trying to right the wrongs of the world. 

We are both managing physical issues. Who isn't, in our age group?! My tenosynovitis is better, with ice and rest. JB's seasonal allergies are a problem. I think I am resisting a cold. It could be worse.

I'm getting a handle on my poison ivy on my ankles. The ointment has been great. I only have 4 little boils. This is the day I got it (video, below). You can see the cats running around in the forest behind me. walkies  

I love watching my critters, it makes me happy. I texted her for input, and Josephine named our twin bucks, Charles and Robert

buck from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I wore boots down to the trailcams yesterday. Just as I was on my way, I looked out the window, and there was a doe and her twin fawns. They were down in the meadow. Momma was still in the forest. The fawns were concerned about me. At the end, the one fawn bolts, and sets up a stampede! If someone runs, you just follow suit. No questions asked.  morning doe  


15 comments:

Tom said...

...some people are way too competitive.

RedPat said...

Love seeing the fawns!

The Padre said...

Happy Trails My Friend - Enjoy This Weekend - Play On

Cheers

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Tennis players have always seemed a little high strung to me. Don't blame the guy much though since the camera got in his way.

Sorry about the poison ivy. I am not sensitive to it but I understand that can change over time so wear boots whenever I am in the woods. We have the added attractions of chiggers and ticks so you don't see me walking in the woods with sandals on.

Love how deer just stand and watch for the longest time until they bolt.

Anvilcloud said...

Fun with critters. As I have probably said before, we seldom saw them at the cottage despite the hundreds of acres of forest nearby. I think they are more leery in hunting territory.

Nancy J said...

The photographer should not have had that huge set-up on the court, how was he allowed in the first place. Have you been watching the Paralympics? We have had good coverage down here, they must train for years, with a lot of help we don't see.

Christine said...

Good luck with the injuries, aches and pains I hear you.

Cloudia said...

Keep enjoying life and taking care of each other!

William Kendall said...

I have to admit, too many tennis players come across as volatile.

The Furry Gnome said...

Tenosynovitis is a new one on me, though you're sure right about the age group! Mind you, I've done better than most ending up paralyzed!

Red said...

From one who doesn't watch sports, I think some of the pros are very selfish.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Try some Jewelweed on your Poison Ivy...put the sap from inside the flower stalk on your spots...works great!

Angie said...

Jenn - it seems dangerous to me to have the cameras so close to the court, but I think it is important for people in the limelight to act professionally ... Sorry about the poison ivy ... I can relate to the aches and pains - getting "more seasoned" is not for the faint of heart!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Sorry about the poison ivy, I hope it is cleared up soon.
Love the deer video, neat captures. They did run fast at the end.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving a comment on my post.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like to watch football...I can get caught up in a game and block everything out. Interesting about the cameras though. They may want to rethink that! Love your nature videos this week! Thanks for taking me along!