Sunday 22 August 2021

Happy Anniversary to us!

 Yes, twas the day, lo these many years ago: Aug. 22, 2002.


Our 'post honeymoon' was in Cuba. I think 2003, we went to Cuba for a couple of days.

I bought this fan when I was there. You can see the left side where it is broken, I glued it on the right side! It has finally been laid to rest. JB ordered me a new one! 



JB wanted this sweatshirt. Sadly, the shipping is about the same price as the shirt ($30). It says Grampasaurus. 

I've been working outdoors in spurts, I've finally gotten some energy and motivation. It's been terribly hot. Ten minutes and I'm dripping in sweat. 

Wild grapes!



Grape leaf skeletonizer caterpillar! (Harrisina americana ) As with many caterpillars, once they get furry sticky outie bits, they are poisonous and can give you a rash. 

Wiki tells me that they are widespread "in the eastern half of the US." OK, but we're in eastern Ontario! 
Harrisina americana P1060232a.jpg
By xpda CC BY-SA 4.0Link

After I'd done my research, I figured I best go back and see if there are any others. There were! 




I was happy to get back indoors in the A/C. JB watched tennis in the cool of the basement, while I watched a RomCom!

15 comments:

Linda said...

Happy anniversary.

Tom said...

...happy anniversary to you.

Anvilcloud said...

Congratulations. Post is so expensive here. It amused me to recently read an American blog about postage going up. I think it was still in the 50c range. :)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Many Happy Returns... or summat &*> YAM xx

Karen said...

This is Cuban weather!

Karen said...

We have companies in town that will put whatever you want on TShirts, Hoodies, etc. Have you considered getting one made for your Sweetie?

Kathy G said...

Happy Anniversary to you!

William Kendall said...

Happy anniversary!

Red said...

Happy anniversary. I wish you many more happy years.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!
You went to Cuba, and the world survived. Of course Canada doesn't have the USA's attitude about that.

The Padre said...

A Special Happy Anniversary - Well Done

Cheers

Lorrie said...

Happy Anniversary!

That's a creepy caterpillar!

eileeninmd said...

Happy Anniversary! Take care, have a happy week!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

NatureFootstep said...

wonderful, congratulations :)