Thursday 26 August 2021

Hibiscus, leaf, and tree frogs

Here we are, coping with the heat, and aches and pains. It's fun finding distractions. The news is gruesome. I've found myself some poison ivy on both ankles. I have meds, thankfully, and put on the ointment. Oh my. Here is our latest distraction.

I've a new page, under the header: 🐻Snuggle Bears


Hibiscus

The hibiscus are blooming! I bought a dozen, as Sue at Sew Crafty had them leftover one year. I'm down to three white ones. One in the front yard is spectacular. I don't know if I should tie it up or not. The ones in the back need water. I haven't watered much, trying to be frugal.



It's coming! 

Tree frogs

I found we have two resident tree frogs on the back deck. This big one likes to sit on the cooler. When I go to peek at him, he'll do reverse gear and hunker back down!

This froggy likes to nestle under JB's chair cushion and blanket.



11 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm very interested in frogs -- I just think they're cute! My neighbo has hibiscus and I'm lucky to get the view from my window! Yours are beautiful.

Tom said...

...my hibiscus is finished flowering, but I can look forward to next year.

Olga said...

There is a whole story in the contrast -- hibiscus and turned maple leaf.

The tree frog looks so different from the ones I an used to in Florida, but they all seem to enjoy sitting out on a lawn chair!

Anvilcloud said...

Back in Beverly Hillbillies, Granny tried to help Mrs Drysdale and her ailing hibiscus. Of course, granny thought it referred to a body part -- probably to do t-with the back, but who knows?

I saw that episode about 55 years ago. Why do I remember it? And do I remember correctly?

Karen said...

We have tree frogs hanging out on both porches. One likes the hydro meter. The other likes to visit the back door at night, catching bugs on the glass.
Apparently the heat is going to break tonight. Looking forward to a change.
My yard has gotten pretty wild. Just don't have the energy to do anything to it in this heat. The grass is long and lush, but not cutting it in the heat.
Hope you both getting feeling better soon.

RedPat said...

The frogs must be finding it hot too!

Gaelyn said...

Flowers are beautiful. Hope the frog doesn't get sat on.

Christine said...

nature abounds!

William Kendall said...

The frog is a neat sight to see.

The Furry Gnome said...

We have neighbours with gorgeous big hibiscus blooms.

Red said...

Sadly we have very few frogs. I did not hear one frog this year.