Wednesday 11 August 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 35.1

 Monday

I managed garbage at 7 a.m. It was already hot. Grampa's arm is still bad, so the job fell to me. He is learning to ask for help, instead of making it worse. "Good thing there are two of us!!!"

Opened the curtains downstairs around 9:30 a.m. "Afternoon," I said cheerfully! Iz giggled. During breakfast, we planned out tasks for Friday night's party: meal, dessert, and the birthday.

The queen-sized blow-up mattress has been terrific.

Grampa rustled them up and around 11 they went into town for a walk, and a shopping trip. They burst back into the house around 1:30, after five stores, with ice cream. Grampa said he had a blast. He said they shop the way I do, bounce into the store, and pop out quickly, "Nothing here!" 


Their walk was fruitful: a snapping turtle!


Grampa usually makes the bed. I switched the bears up when I did it one morning. I  piled them all up on top, three to a pillow. I said we could try to switch them up. He's been keeping that up, and getting creative.

I spotted Oregano  on the trailcam.



The doe was nibbling on the trees. I was sorry to see this, as I trimmed these branches later that day! doe a deer 

  


7 comments:

Tom said...

...another hot day here too, I will try to remember today next January when it's bitter cold.

Linda said...

You will miss Gramma camps. Our gradkids are going back to the bricks and mortar school this year. One starting 9 and the other 7.

William Kendall said...

A snapper is quite a sight to see.

RedPat said...

It is good to see Oregano is still around!

The Padre said...

Very Cool - And Great Bat Post With Photos - Be Well - Stay Strong

Cheers

Angie said...

Jenn - nothing is sweeter than ice cream in the summer, especially when your Grandpa buys it for you!

DUTA said...

It'll be somehow difficult for the girls to get back to regular school,but it must be done. Of course, with some basic precautions and hoping for the Best.