Wednesday 1 September 2021

We've a new dashcam!

I ordered a new dashcam for our anniversary. It is an inexpensive one, and, in hindsight, I should have upped it a bit. You get what you pay for. The old one (Garmin) had many more bells and whistles. This one doesn't have an app that process images. Ah well. 

I went online to figure out how and where to attach it to the dash. It plugs into the lighter, and has a nice, long cord. You tuck it up in between the frame and the panels. 

 

I wasn't happy with where it was hanging and it slipped out. Back to the drawing board. You can buy packages of proper hanger thingies. Instead, I had one of these left over, plus the Handi-tak. I sent JB into town to get some more of the hooks. 



It's hard to see, but I put another here. A job done, checked off the list.

Now that's the first part done. The next part is accessing the videos. Garmin has a nice app that lets one play around with raw videos(in .AVI), it shows speed and a map. You can see the red dot on the bar, below, this marks an old incident, which it saves, and doesn't erase over. This is a screen capture of the old dashcam footage, as the car was passing. It automatically downloads the footage. 

 

The app doesn't work with the new dashcam video footage. It simply doesn't recognize it. I looked around, and iMovie works with the raw footage. What a relief. The colours are much brighter, even in the pouring rain! new dashcam  


In the meantime, the bear were up to having some fun. It was a sing song, apparently.


Summer is winding down. Such is the cycle of the seasons. 

That said, the horse chestnuts are growing. 

And, it was a trick photographing my anniversary cards! JB went all out.

Autumn, here we come!


8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I wish I had a rear one, but when I checked a few years ago, it was pricey, to I manage.

Olga said...

Lovely cards. Hope you had a happy day celebrating your anniversary.

Tom said...

...you are the cam gal.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That's a pretty good moving picture you got there! And golly, I am sorry that I missed the concert of the Ursine Choir!!! YAM xx

William Kendall said...

It does feel now that autumn is coming.

Out To Pasture said...

Your new dash cam does take very good video, Jennifer. Sweet little bear singers always keeping busy with something. Nice anniversary cards and congrats on another year of happily ever after.

RedPat said...

I love the pop-up card!

Nancy J said...

You'll have this new dashcam all figured out by now, like my new printer, z bit different to the old one. As your summer ends, we are in spring, bulbs flowering, grass growing, and even the starlings are investigating the nesting box Hugh put up last year. By now the paint smell has gone, and a few tentative flights and looks, to check it out.