Thursday 12 August 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 35.2

 Tuesday

Grampa did his morning walkies, and found a bunny.

Billie lives in a nearby community. Billie's mummy is a local artist, whom we met during an art show. JB often meets Billie and her daddy in the park, also walking in the early morning.

It was a busy day. Josephine was asked to help do Isabelle's hair that same as hers. Jos said she was too tall, and to crouch down.

Off they went with backpack, water bottles, hats and money.


I found this little red-eyed vireo nest where I trimmed trees.


I had to work on the garden, again, and prop up the yellow flowers. They have taken over as the tiger lillies finish their bloom cycle.

I think this is 
False Sunflower (Heliopsis helianthoides
and
Goldenrod Soldier Beetle (Chauliognathus pensylvanica


Cinnamon was watching, but no help at all.

Shopping at the antique store!





We needed some groceries, too. Grampa thought the flour in our panty was older than he is.


The girls are getting older. I bought the moon (see below) at another store years ago. I've repainted it. They have loved it, using their Lego with it, and making the figures go up and down the stairs. They really aren't Lego girls anymore. We'll have to pass the Lego on to someone. 

I made this barrier when Isabelle was young. We were worried at them falling down the stairs. The moon thingie was so much fun with their Lego pieces. I've taken it apart.


These chair/beds have been amazing, but we needed to find them a new home. I posted it on the Facebook For Free/Barter local page and they were claimed (virtually) within an hour. The first woman came at 4 p.m., and was going to use them for her grandies. The second woman was getting the pink one for her kid.

I knew that the second woman had arrived, as Nutmeg acted like a guard dog, and leapt up on top of the back of the couch, looking out the window, somewhat worried-appearing! She has never done that before. She may have been afraid that they were coming to do the driveway again.

After debating about dinner, we didn't do menus this week, I went from ribs to hamburgers. That, and grilled veggies. It is just too hot. We are playing it by ear this week! 

I reminded Josee to practice her French Horn! Her teacher has her working on Hark The Herald, you see.



11 comments:

William Kendall said...

Billie is a cutie, though I imagine Cinnamon and Nutmeg would dispute that.

RedPat said...

I didn't know if there were still large antique stores around anymore. Good to see that there are.

Tom said...

...old flour, you must not bake often.

Karen said...

My cat Emmy will growl if she hears a vehicle in the yard or someone knocking at the door.

Rain said...

Oooh antiquing!!! :) Fun stuff. I absolutely LOVE your "Moon Thingy"!!!! It's gorgeous! And interestingly enough Jenn, I was looking for a chair/bed type just like the dark one you have. I remember years ago that they sold them at Ikea but I don't see them anymore! I thought it would make a great day bed or guest bed! Cute little wabbit!!! And I laughed at your husband's flour observation!!! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

How wonder to have time with your Grands! Pretty flower!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely post and pictures.
The grandchildren grow so quickly, our eldest is now 17yr. where do the years go!?

All the best Jan

Red said...

I find antique shops vert interesting to poke around in. I don't buy anything. They buy my stuff.

Christine said...

kids grow up so fast.

Jeanie said...

I'm on Bunny twenty seven now. Just saw him tonight. I love the count!

Angie said...

Jenn - I have a couple of bunnies that like to hang around my garden! (Grand)kids grow up way too fast! I am always tying up flowers to keep them from blocking the pathways!