Sunday 28 August 2022

Gramma Camp – the finale!

 Friday was the hostage exchange, and who knows when we will see them again. They have next week off, and then go to school September 6th. Gr. 7 and Gr. 10. Then things get busy!

It poured rain Friday morning, which was fine. We relaxed and read, and just took it easy.

We enjoyed the last few days of summer with them. It was an on and off rainy week, but we got some work done. 

Jos had breakfast on the back deck, which is a tradition, even when it is raining!!! I popped outside, then popped back inside to snag the camera. Nutmeg was peeking out the Muskoka Room door at her. She was in for the day after her morning jaunt. She moved when I returned with the camera. You'll have to imagine her little face there in the background.


Grampa and Isabelle went to gas station and got us some more gas. I filled the tank, and put the battery back in, having charged it for the morning. It started. I shut it off for some reason. It restarted. Barely. I had to keep it running. Grampa sent the girls out to me and we finished off.

The wood is piled. The shed is empty. Winter, bring it on! We'll have to order more wood next year.


We also managed to trim the second last branch of the catalpa tree. I've one branch to go. We ran out of battery juice. First I took down the deer fence. All my lily plants have flowered.
Before and after:

 What a team! Grampa took photos with his new camera.



On the last day of Gramma Camp this summer, Jos had a visit with froggies. There were two.

Jos and frog from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We packed up, gathered materials, and finished the movie Greenland – in the morning! This changes tradition. We only ever watch movies after dinner! 

After lunch it was departure time. We said our goodbyes. 

18 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I wish your grands a great new school year. The schools here start back tomorrow. Love the cute frog. Great photos and memories of Gramma Camp.
Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Awww... love that froggy!!! Good yardwork everybody. Roll on September... YAM xx

William Kendall said...

Sounds like you enjoyed it.

Barbara Rogers said...

I know you will miss them, and all the chatter and laughter. I felt that way after mine left for home, and I only had 2-1/2 days with them. Not enough! But texting is kind of interesting if I can find a mutual topic.

Gaelyn said...

A bitter sweet moment I'm sure.

Divers and Sundry said...

We lived in a house with catalpa trees once. It was a fun tree to identify. Those and the walnut trees certainly made mowing challenging lol

It looks like you are ready for winter. That's a comforting-looking wood pile :)

RedPat said...

Bittersweet.

Elephant's Child said...

Well done team - after another fabulous gramma camp.

Nancy J said...

A friend said to me that having the woodshed full is like having ample hay for the horses for the winter !!! Wonderful to have the young ladies there, fun and helping hands , and off to further their education. I wonder if they have for plans or ideas for any careers yet? Have a lovely day.lXXX

DUTA said...

Cute hand, and the frog looks like an additional piece of jewelry to the finger rings.

Lowcarb team member said...

Another excellent Gramma Camp, lovely photographs.

Our grandchildren are back to school on the 5th September ... the summer holidays have whizzed by!

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I want to be invited to your gramma camp, Jenn. Everyine has so much fun and still manages to get so many things done. It seems they will be ready to come back next year. I know I would!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hello from Idaho I found your blog via of Yam. I bet camping at Grandma was fun but exhausted.
If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee

Cloudia said...

They will never forget you, and we will never forget them. Well done Grandma

Lorrie said...

School begins here the 6th, too. What a great gramma camp you had. Lots accomplished with fun!

River said...

Time to start planning the next one.

Christine said...

Another school year about to start

Patio Postcards said...

I've got my bags packed I'm ready for a week at your Grandma Camp. You certainly provided a variety of life for them & continue to build wonderful memories & strong bonds.