Wednesday 31 August 2022

August critters!

Cinnamon was on the fence about it. 


This is the funniest toy. Nutmeg loves it. A scratch pad, bed, and chair, apparently.

The pool is drained, empty and cleaned. My pool toy deflated. This is where Fred Grounhog was staying. I thought having Fred under the deck isn't a good thing, but I think he was just using it for safety. I haven't seen him on the trailcam under the wood pile, yet. He had two tunnels under the stacked wood.


Having set up the trailcam in front of the wood pile, I only captured Cinnamon.



I spotted Fred Sunday afternoon! We hadn't seen him for a few days.

Fred groundhog Aug. 28 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Then, there are our neighbours!

neighbours from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Speaking of neighbours, we've been hearing a tree frog in our bathroom. I looked everywhere for it. The odd time it bursts into song, as have the ones in the forest, around the frogpond. Hoping to hear its location, I tried playing the video of it singing, but it didn't bite. I turned the lights off, and so far nothing. They are sneaky little devils!

We had a coyote friend overnight. Or maybe two. There were two plops of poop on the driveway.  Behind the tree house, it looks like it was digging.

I captured it going across the meadow up to the house. 

coyote on the meadow from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


This is another of the fawn, part 3, from the same visitation. 

fawn Aug 21.3 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

14 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Oh my! Drained the pool already.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Fred looks to be fattening up well... and as for the fawn... awwwwwwwwww!!!!! YAM xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nutmeg's scratch pad is wonderful. I need one or two of those. enjoyed seeing all that critters, including the fawn that have taken up residence in your area.

Gaelyn said...

Hard to believe it's time for the pool to be shut down already. Wish I could catch more on my trail cam. Hope you find the frog.

RedPat said...

Summer must be over if the pool is drained.

Barbara Rogers said...

Cool nights are happening here already - in the 50s F tonight. Glad you've started your fall preps.

DeniseinVA said...

Cinnamon and Nutmeg have a wonderful life :) Loved the photos as always and the videos of the groundhog was great. I haven’t seen one in a long time, though I know they are around. Your second video was a hoot! Love the very welcoming sign. And your third of the coyote, very interesting. The deer and fawn in your third video, oh my, adorable! I love those colorful garden-art flowers. I have a story about a Fred coincidentally on what is usually my Saturday at the Birdfeeder post coming up. Has your little frog vacated yet? I have a soft spot for frogs.

Elephant's Child said...

I always love your critters. All of them. Thank you.

William Kendall said...

It wouldn't surprise me that groundhogs tend to make use of their surroundings. A stack of wood or a porch make good shelters or boltholes.

Lorrie said...

Sounds like you're beginning the fall cleanup already with draining the pool. Love fawns. Such delicate creatures.

eileeninmd said...

Cute critters, love your Nutmeg. The fawn and frog are both adorable.
Happy September! Take care, have a great day!

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to see all your critters.

All the best Jan

Kay said...

Gosh! There is so much going on in your neck of the woods.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the neighbor's sign!

Your animals feel exotic to me :)