Wednesday 24 August 2022

Gramma Camp – Week 37

 Tuesday

My trumpet flower is in bloom again!


I brought Josee a friend in the living room. Tucked in my hand, I asked her to hold out her hers and handed it over. Her eyes lit up as it jump in her palm. A wood frog! She set it free!

Little cutworms on my fuschia. I dropped the leaf into the goldfish pond. Me bad.


Isabelle began her day by painting in the Muskoka Room.


AFter lunch, we moved some wood. This was a breakthrough. Isabelle was a bit leery, but we talked her through it. Josephine learned how to run it two years ago, as I recall.


They took turns using the tractor, bringing the wood from the shed quite efficiently. 
It began to rain, and so I called off the troops. Izzy tried to run and tell Jos to park in the shed, but she turned it off. Not only were we out of gas, but battery power. I usually keep it running while we load/unload, but I was afraid of running out of gas. So we drained the battery. I'll have to plug it in.


My happy anniversary trailcam is working well! I set it up on the lower deck, trying to capture Fred groundhog. It captured us!


Another wood frog. That is two today! We rested as our work was done.


Water lilies were submerged after all the rain from the rain barrel. They are a bit muddy!

These photo captures of Fred are from 5:30 p.m. after our work was done. Apparently he's taken up residence under the deck. Watch him come and go! 






It poses a dilemma, which the girls and I worked out. When it's time to drain the pool, it usually drains under the deck. Poor Fred! I'll use a hose and drain it farther out, into the ditch. Nothing is easy!


Also, last night, a rabbit! 

Beans and sausages, with snap peas, and buns for dinner. A new online movie, The Burning Sea. Jos reminded us of bedtime, and we shut her down at 8:30. Cinnamon helped me tuck them in. Life is good! 

17 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Dropping those cutworms into the fish pond seems like a perfectly reasonable action to me. They became part of the food chain and you didn't spray with poisonous chemicals. I award you the Naturalists' Order of Merit!

Olga said...

Sounds wonderful and nothing wrong with feeding the fish.😉

Tom said...

...the campers seem to be having fun!

Gaelyn said...

I know I've said this before, but I LOVE Gramma Camp. I need to move my cam again.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
ahhh, those lovely late summer days... and learning to drive tractors! YAM xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Y'all are having a full summer! Life is indeed good :)

RedPat said...

Wonderful times with the girls.

Nancy J said...

Everyone needs a meal. Love the new driver on the tractor, and a trailer, what a good way to move the wood. Looks like the new trail-cam takes super pics.

Elephant's Child said...

Gramma camp looks wonderful. And I am with David about the cutworms.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
You all look like you are enjoying your summer time and Gramma camp.
The frogs are cute, we have a relative Fred the groundhog in our yard. Maybe even a whole family of groundhogs. Take care, have a happy day!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Looks like you live in a lovely place and having fun with the girls.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great fun with your grands...and I love Fred...who looks very well fed...not sure what they eat.

William Kendall said...

I am quite fond of groundhogs.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Cutworms are terrible, so you did a good thing. Loved seeing the girls on the tractor carrying wood. Laughed at you getting caught on your new trail cam.

Red said...

Life is great with grandchildren

Angie said...

Jenn - trumpet flowers are truly amazing. Love the little wood frogs. My best friend has four grandchildren, and they all drive - the youngest is 8! The oldest (14) drives the haying equipment, which is quite sophisticated. Life on the ranch! Fred the groundhog is adorable!

Cloudia said...

You are a real caregiver of the land