Friday 26 August 2022

Gramma Camp – Week 37

Wednesday was the best day, in terms of weather, for eating on a patio. That was the basic plan. The girls emerged from the basement, had brekkie and eased into the day.

I thought we should finish the wood, but we were still out of gas. The girls helped me push it nearer the garage. We took out the battery for a recharge. Grampa cannot lift the gas tank, so Isabelle went off with him to the gas station. I plugged the dead battery in, and filled the gas tank upon their return. I tried it, and something happened. I cannot remember what, but I had to turn it off again. It wouldn't restart, I crossed my fingers. Finally it restarted, but I realized I couldn't turn it off.  It needed a good run to recharge.

I thought I ought to move the rest of the wood while we had the chance. Grampa fetched the girls, up until then still easing into the day, and we finished off the wood. Fred Groundhog has his tunnel here. He made a back door!


Grampa thought we could visit Mill of Kintail, and the R. Tait McKenzie and Dr. James Naismith Museum. It's one of The 7 Wonders of Lanark County. The nature reserve is open until 4:30, and it was an hour drive to get there.  We left at 2:30. 


We toddled along the path. Of course, Josephine found a leopard frog! She loves reptiles.

This didn't look like a friendly path!

Isabelle took a photo of a mushroom.

Look at the height of the two of them!

As we moved to the mill and the museum building, I noticed there was a tea going on. I have not seen a woman wearing white gloves in ages! There were a lot of seniors.

Along we went to the building. The doors were locked. The museum closes at 3:30 and it was 3:42.
It's a lovely walk by the creek.
 

It is a pretty forest.

There is a little cabin in the woods. I have no information on it, but it was an old one.


We continued on our way. 


The wee cloister-on-the-hill was intriguing. It was built in 1984.

We decided to take a break at the playground. I texted Momma the photo!


As promised, lunch on the patio. We were pretty tired from the adventure. Happy to sit, there was a chicken burger, hamburger, taco salad, and fish and chips, for lunch. Also, an Arnold Palmer, a white wine, and a Virgin Ceasar. We decided to do dessert. Grampa and Jos had sorbet. I had a brownie, Izzy a banana fried cheesecake. We shared!

Poor Isabelle had a sliver. Jos tried to remove it.


As we turned into the driveway, a turkey hen was ambling across the lane! 

We had much fun!

at the park from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We had fun in that little cabin when the kids were little and could access that little bunk.

Barbara Rogers said...

What big girls your grands are now! Good to see them having silly kid fun still on that playground! Wow on those deserts and interesting sounding drinks.

RedPat said...

It sounds like a grand day.

Elephant's Child said...

Gramma camp makes me envious.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

A full day for the girls from hauling wood to playing in the park.

William Kendall said...

A good day to get out and about.

Red said...

That was a good idea to visit the museum.

Kay said...

Oh gosh! Your granddaughters are now young women. They grow up much too quickly. Looks like you all had a lovely adventure walk.

River said...

White gloves!
That could be the Three Bears Cabin where Goldilocks visited in those pretty woods.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a wonderful outing! Something for everybody :)