Thursday 1 September 2022

Farewell August!

 The yucca plant has gone from this to seed pods!



This basket looks a little the worse for wear. My petunias did not do well. There is always next year...

Then, there is the lantana. I stuffed it beside the Mandevilla and a potato vine. 

It is fun trying to get them in focus. 




Mandevilla, AKA rocktrumpet. 

The hornets are still doing their thing. I've created a page to keep track of them and see what happens to the nest. 

I found a new little gray tree frog.



It's been hot! We had a nice dump of rain this week. A cold front came by and it is now 10 C. this morning. With the changing light levels, and earlier sunset, we knew it was coming.

September and the shoulder season, bring it on! 


16 comments:

Tom said...

...my Mandevilla has grown like a weed this year! Enjoy your September.

Anvilcloud said...

Our petunias, all in pots, have been thoroughly beaten down several times recently, but the nights getting cooler has been appreciated.

eileeninmd said...

Happy September! I love the Lantana and the cute frog.
Take care, have a great day!

Karen said...

Brrr, it sure did turn chilly over night. Did you get a big storm yesterday? We had some off and on downpours, but no terrors.
I love autumn.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Strangely, there has been another 'summer day' over the Hutch... daft climate. YAM xx

RedPat said...

I love how the wee frog tucks in its front feet.

Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful as it is, lantana is classified as a noxious weed in many States here.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wishing you a happy month of September.

All the best Jan

Ontario Wanderer said...

We too are watching a large hornets nest. Ours is in a shrub and only about my head's height from the ground. I am sure I was very close the last time I cut the grass but did not know it was there.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'd never heard of Lantana, but it is beautiful. You are definitely surrounded by beauty and nature as August ends and September arrives.

Olga said...

I planted pansies that hung in there for a while but finally succumbed to the heat so didn't quite see September. I enjoyed their happy little faces while they lasted though.

William Kendall said...

It was quite chilly this morning.

River said...

Beautiful flowers. I like lantana and would buy some of the newer non-invasive types if I had more yard space.

Jeanie said...

Oh my! These flowers are absolutely gorgeous!

Kay said...

Ahhh... I see lantanas in neighbors' yards even here in Hawaii. I always marvel at the different colors of the flowers.

Divers and Sundry said...

Our flowers are much more faded than yours. As they fade I look forward to the fall-blooming sunflowers. I'm not even seeing buds on those yet...

We're getting rain and cooler temperatures now that September is here. I enjoy the changing of the seasons.